Ⅰ ➕ LATE & LOVELESS

shift 4

You rushed to the front desk, holding your hands out to pass your local co-worker, handing them a regular black coffee and biscuit. The pale lady looked up, seeing your simple smile and she gave one of her own. The delicate wrinkles on her face showing as the corners of her mouth tilted up, showing off her pearly whites.

The woman had dull brunette hair with faint grey hairs growing, swooning over the thick bushy locks while also hovering slightly over her face. Her eyes were a soft, almost sad, green with a pinch of joy sparkling between times.

"Sorry Meline, took a while. Line was huge today!" you apologised, your high/low voice clear as day. The old woman, Meline, hushed you from your short ramble -which was bound to continue on- and assured you.

"No need to worry, sweetheart, take all the time you need next time." She almost cooed, her soft complextion relaxing.

"But... boss wants to speak to you. No clue what about. Apparently it's urgent." The mention of their boss made you tense on the spot, almost an annoyed expression covering your features as you sighed with a nod.

"Maybe it's because I've been late the past couple weeks.." You chuckled nervously, hoping it wasn't actually for that reason.

"Alright, I'll catch you later then?" Meline spoke, raising a brow. You nodded again before tugging at your pencil skirt, fixing your blouse and straightening your tights.

Your heels clicked on the flooring as you proceeded towards the bosses office, seeing the familiar large spruce doors with a gold title at the front spelling out the bosses name: MR. WILLIAMS.

You took a deep breath, fists clutching before you rose it to the wooden surface and gently tapped your knuckles a few times.

"Come in." A gruff voice spoke, beconing you to push open the polished doors and step forward.

The man in front of you perked his head, looking up from the journal he was writing in. His eyes lit up and body tensed as he saw your frame enter his office. Your simple cheap perfume filling his senses. You were the only one who bought 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝 from that shitty corner shop and yet he wasn't suprised how good you smelt with it on. Anything you wore was perfect.

"Oh, your here." He muttered, speaking softly as his posture relaxed.

"I'm here." You awkwardly announced, even if he knew. Clearly. "Mr. Williams if this is about my-"

"Please, call me Ren." He interupted, holding his hand up with a small grin. His blonde hair curling around his fingers as he dragged it through the silky locks.

"Right... Ren, so why was I called here?" you spoke, getting straight to the point as you fiddled with you hands behind your back. Your previous collected smile with Meline was replaced with a awkward one, awaiting Ren's responce.

Ren cleared his throat, feeling a warm burn in his face and body as he fixed his composure.

"It's fairly well to see you, (y/n). How is your work here so far? Not too much of a struggle I hope." Ren spoke, avoiding his reason why he called you there. He was stalling, partly because he was nervous, partly because he just wanted more time with you.