Chapter 13

And what happened next! What did Niall do?” Jaden smirked with a hint excitement in his voice as Zayn was finishing telling him a bedtime story.

“Well...in the end, Niall flew his kite over the green hills of Ireland,” Zayn chuckled staring down at the amusement in Jaden’s big eyes.

“Wow, eye-erland sounds cool.” Jaden beamed.

Zayn stood, giving Jaden the indication that he was going to tuck him in before Miranda storms in again accusing him for Jaden’s lack of sleep. He would be scared of her at times, like actually afraid to sleep through the night.

“It is. I actually have a friend from there, “ He said while placing the blue blanket above Jaden’s small stature, the image of Niall’s more dark than blond hair and annoying laughter. He thought of his family, no one expected him to be the first married, especially the first with a one year old baby daughter.

Jaden wiggled until he found his comfort spot and yawned with a, “cool” along the way. Zayn laughed at his silliness and told him he’ll take him to Ireland one day, in fact her would take him anywhere.

Jaden closed his eyes, “Goodnight,” he hummed.

“Night,” Zayn gazed at his little face while his hand reached for the lamp’s light.

He knew he was crazy because Jaden was four. It was only his mind, Jaden couldn’t resemble him because there was no possible way Jaden could be his. The boy falling asleep was only four. He remembers asking what was the age a child is eligible for kindergarten because Jaden seemed a bit too young for school. Miranda had told him that the national school board changed the age groups, that’s why Jaden had to attend school at four.

Turning the lights off, Zayn messed with Jaden’s hair and leaned over to kiss his forehead. It pained him actually. Zayn was really getting attached to Jaden and he wanted nothing else than to be that fatherly figure he wasn’t going to get. He can’t believe someone would leave a boy like him, a smile like his, a stare that is so unique one falls in love with in that instant. Jaden was too much to even let go of, and Zayn knew if he ever found out who his father was, and if that monster ever came into Jaden’s life again, he wouldn't be able to withstand the urge to...

“Babe,” A soft velvet voice whispered from behind taking Zayn’s negative thoughts away.

His heart fluttered with smiles. He took one last glance at Jaden’s lashes then turned to meet Miranda’s smile by the doorframe. He walked over to her and wrapped his hands around her waist, swaying her around as he stared down to her big bold hazel eyes she portrayed.

“I’m going to bed now,” She whispered, pulling herself up to his lips with the help of her toes.

Zayn pecked them and kept swaying, thinking about what Jaden had said earlier that day; that his mother cried, and he could hear her from his room. He wanted to bring up the topic, say that he wanted to join her, but he couldn’t.

This wasn't his home. Miranda still needed to build more confidence and he needed to respect the fact that she isn’t alone in this household. There has been times where they would start getting more intimate with one another, touching their bodies, clothes starting to come off, but then Miranda or him will stop because of Jaden.

This small house Miranda has called a home consisted of two same size bedrooms and a bathroom with a small kitchen and living area connected to the dinner. Zayn was surprised he hasn’t gone insane with the the place. Nothing bothered him actually, only what did bother him were the thin walls...

“Goodnight,” He whispered on her lips.

She whispered it back and pecked him back, she turned and he watched the way her baggy joggers and messy updo left swiftly ran the room which was right next to the one he was standing in.