Epilogue

Abhinav stood in awe at the front door watching the scene unfolding in front of his eyes. Abhir was sitting on the sofa clutching his stomach in laughter as Akshara was chasing their 5 year old daughter Navira all around the house. He looked at the photos above the fireplace, an extra frame now adoring the wall right next to Akshara's photo.

This is more than what he wanted in his life. His own family. He looked above and thanked Akshara's kanha Ji with a silent prayer.

" Papa aagaye" Navira who spotted her dad at the front door, ran to him and hugged him with her tiny hands .

Akshara who was chasing her,now sat beside Abhir breathless , who was still laughing at the antics of his younger sister.

" Abhinav , look at your daughter, she has been refusing to eat or bath or even change her uniform since she came from school" she complained to her husband

Abhinav knelt down and looked at his daughter

" Navi ,  what happened? You are good girl right? Then why are you doing all this? See how tensed mumma is? It is bad habit na?" He tried to make her understand.

" No papa,  I am katti with mumma. She didn't take me to the wedding " Navira complained cutely making a pouty face.

" Aree, why are you upset with only me? Your papa was also there na? " Akshara stood up and questioned Navira placing her hand on her hips.

Abhinav looked at both his queen and his princess. His sherni and chotti sherni. Eventhough Navira was a replica of him in features, but in attitude she had taken over from Akshara, while Abhir was more like him.

" Aree, atleast some one tell me whose shaadi you both are talking about?" He asked   looking at Akshara being very confused at their fight.

" Why are you looking at me? Ask your laadli itself!" She turned her face away.

" Navi, atleast you say na? What's the problem?" She asked his daughter who too turned her face away.

Abhinav was helpless , he looked at his only safe space

" Abhir, atleast you tell na, i don't remember going to any wedding recently , then whose shaadi is Navira upset that we didn't take her to? " Abhinav questioned his son who was on verge of laughing.

" Aapke" he answered again bursting out in laughter seeing Abhinav's flustered face  .

" Kya? " he asked still confused

" Haan papa! Today Navira's teacher had given her class an assignment to bring their parent's wedding pictures for the family appreciation week. So after coming home she asked mumma for the wedding pictures,  mumma showed her the album and since then she has been crying and angry on mumma for not taking her to the wedding " Abhir explained the commotion .

" Beta, isliye aap naraaz hai, you weren't even born during the wedding , then how could you be there ? Kids cannot be in their parent's wedding" he tried to explain patiently.

" Par, if kids are born after wedding ,how was bhaiya there? You all are lying to me! You didn't take me wantedly. " she crossed her arms .

Abhinav was perplexed not knowing how to answer and looked at Akshara who looked at him smugly challenging him to answer his laadli's question. He shifted his gaze to the album lying half open on the dining table.

**************************************
His mind wandered back 6 years ago to the day Akshara and Abhir came back to Kasauli.

After their emotional reconciliation,  Akshara , Abhir and Abhinav were sharing a hug when they heard someone clear their throat.