Prologue

𝗝𝗘𝗢𝗡𝗚𝗪𝗢 𝗨𝗡𝗜𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗬 𝗟𝗜𝗕𝗥𝗔𝗥𝗬

"Damn it, it's raining. I'm going crazy!" Song Kang cursed through the air as he stared at the window in front of him. The guy seated beside him nudged him, "Hey, lower your voice."

"I mean it's true. Why would anyone like the rain? It's moist and cold and I'm sick of it. Winter's a lot cooler if you ask me." Song Kang expressed his anger towards the rain that nobody asked for.

"If you say so." His friend scoffed as they continued to review in the Library Hall.

Song Kang, 29 Civil Engineering Student. If you're wondering, why is he too old for someone studying at Jeongwoo University—he's a person of his own. He tried other courses, namely Architecture but he just couldn't get ahold of it as he was the life of the party, quite literally.

Song Kang spent his early 20s in pubs, Cafe and this year, he finally thought it would be better if he started a new journey. His parents were supportive enough that he was sent off as soon as he blurted the words "I'm going to Jeongwoo."

His parents had good friends and connections with the University. Not even mentioning how much his parents contributed for the University foundation last year.

"Hey, Jae Hyun. Do you want to smoke?"

"Come on, Song Kang-ah. I thought you were trying to be clean?" He replied in dismay. "But if you say so, why not?"

Song Kang laughs, "That's what I like about you Jae Hyun. I will make a quick trip to another department after this so don't leave a spot for me for the afternoon's lecture."

"Got it."

Jae Hyun's been a good friend of Song Kang for some time now. Hyung as he would call him, guides him well. They both graduated from Haneul Senior High School.

𝗖𝗢𝗥𝗡𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗘

"Lee Bin Ah!" A familiar voice called my name as I was looking for something important at the nearest Corner Store. It was Min Ju, my dormmate at Jeongwoo University, my Senior–in the Arts and Letters Department.

She noticed that I was in an odd spot for a Sophomore Student like me. "Hey, are you perhaps?" She pointed at the signage. "Pregnant?" Her voice raised a little concern inside the store. Few people heard it.

I shook my head, denying it. "No, no, Eonnie. I'm just-" I sighed, thinking everyone had already heard from it. I have nothing to argue about.

"Ah, Sorry." Min Ju turned to everyone. "Everyone, she's not pregnant. I am actually." She laughed awkwardly.

"So why are you here?"

"It's me-" I paused. Deciding not to spit out any words at all. Nobody will believe me if I tell the real reason why I'm in this part of the store.

"Come on, Bin Ah. Let's just buy this for whatever reasons you have." Min Ju took the pregnancy test kit before she flung her arm around my neck and dragged me to the counter to pay for it.

As the two men lined up behind them, they overheard their conversation. "Bin Ah? What are the odds, Song Kang-ah." He murmured. Song Kang stared at her, memorizing each detail he had noticed about the girl. "She has a baby." He mouthed, staring at the pregnancy kit on her hand.

Bi—meant Rain in Korean.

"How are we even sure it's hers?" Jae Hyun continues. "You aren't just going around having a pregnancy kit in your hand don't you?"

Song Kang made it clear to him that day. Even though Bin Ah was quite attractive. They both continued their day and declined the potential ideas in his head. *There are many fish in the sea, I'm confident about it.*

Once they were next in line, Song Kang surprisingly couldn't take his eyes off her. Jae Hyun tapped his shoulder. "Not interested, huh?"

"Just curious." He finally puts down the goods and lets the crew scan them.