More Than Just Friends

"Lane! Lane where are you?" Alexis asks as she sniffs around for Lane in wolf form before seeing his brothers forming a wall around something and going over.

"Hey Alexis. Fancy uh seeing you here." Loki says as Alexis looks at him unamused.

"Is Lane in there?" Alexis asks.

"Yeah. I'm here Alexis." Lane says nervously.

"Listen Lane. I'm going home." Alexis says as she flattens her ears.

"What? But I thought we were having fun?" Lane asks.

"You're clearly not. You've been dodging me all day and I'm sick of it. If you didn't wanna hang out with me then you should of just said so." Alexis says angrily.

"Alexis that's not it! I swear." Lane says.

"Then why have you been hiding from me?" Alexis asks sadly.

"I... I can't say." Lane says before Alexis sighs.

"Then we're done here Lane. I guess you're not the friend I thought you were. Real friends don't do this to each other. I'm going home." Alexis says as she turns and leaves

*Timeskip*

Later as Alexis is in her backyard sitting under a tree in wolf form she soon sees Lane come walking up to her with a scarf on covering half his face.

"Hey Alexis." Lane says nervously as he smiles slightly.

"Go away Lane. I'm mad at you." Alexis says angrily as she looks away from Lane.

"I know you are and you have a right to be. But if you are going to be mad I feel you also deserve to know the reason for my behavior today." Lane says as he looks down.

"I've done figured out why you've been acting the way you have. You don't want to hang out and be my friend because of what I am." Alexis says as she looks at Lane angrily.

"No! That's not it. I love your wolf side. In fact I really admire that side of you. But that's not why I've been hiding from you. Look I'm sorry. Today was supposed to be about spending time together. But all I've done is spent the whole time hiding from you." Lane says guiltily.

"Yeah. I've noticed. Why have you been hiding from me?" Alexis asks annoyedly.

"Oh... I'll show you. I've been hiding... This. I understand if you don't wanna hang out with me anymore. I mean who wants to be around a guy with a gross pimple on his cheek? Right?" Lane asks as he removes the scarf to reveal a pimple on his cheek.

"You're kidding right? This is what the big fuss was over? Lane I don't care if you have a pimple. They're just a part of life. You're still you to me. You're sweet, kind, funny and you're really fun to be around. A pimple won't change that because you're still you. And I really like that you. A lot. I have for a while now." Alexis says as she smiles shyly.

"You're right. I'm sorry about today. Thanks for making me feel better. I wasted our whole day obsessing over this. I'm such an idiot." Lane says as he looks down.

"Maybe but you're a cute idiot." Alexis says as she smiles at Lane causing him to blush.

"So do you really mean that? About liking me?" Lane asks curiously.

"Of course. I've liked you for a long while. You're not like other guys Lane. You're unique and I love that." Alexis says as she smiles while blushing.

"I think you're unique too. Um Alexis I know today has been a disaster but um would you maybe wanna go hang out today at Gus's Games N Grub tomorrow as my girlfriend?" Lane asks curiously as he blushes.

"I'd love that." Alexis says as she kisses Lane causing him to blush before pulling away.

"Me too." Lane says happily while blushing.

"But maybe we could do it this evening instead if you want. My mom isn't gonna be home now for another three hours. She's running late at work. I was gonna head to Gus's anyway to grab a pizza for when she gets home. We could hang out there for a couple hours." Alexis says.

"That sounds amazing. And I promise no more hiding." Lane says as Alexis chuckles.

"Good. Come on." Alexis says happily as she and Lane leave.

*Timeskip*

"Wow! These turned out great! I'm gonna hang a copy in my locker." Alexis says happily as she and Lane are playing games while taking photos together on their phones.

"I was thinking the same thing." Lane says as he smiles before Alexis messages him a copy of the photos.

"I had a really nice time with you today." Alexis says as she smiles at Lane.

"Me too." Lane says happily as he and Alexis go back to playing games together.