eight.

IN WHICH THEY CAUSE MISCHIEF.

The muffled noises from the common room flew through the door that awaited to be opened down the hallway. Andromeda wandered around, searching for the room after a Perfect asked her to leave to her dorm, the curfew getting closer. The raven haired girl was quite nervous as she was once again lost in the corridors; she had been in this institution for few weeks now, but still had troubles memorizing what turns these rather large hallways could take. She wished to open a door and see another student with a warming smile, but doubted such miracle would happen.

Thereupon, there she was. Once again lost in the corridors after deciding to steal a bunch of snacks from the kitchen — though, she could've asked the elves, she felt bored and needed rush of adrenaline. Not very fulfilling, she thought. Belle held her messenger bag closely, as it was filled with various foods to bring back to her dorm — dorm she could not find. She picked up the pace and looked at different doors, deciding to follow her instinct. Coming down a marble staircase, occurred the portrait on the lavish Slytherin Landing.

She remembered being told that to enter, one must present the portait with the correct password of the week. However, getting it wrong meant she would have to wait the day for another student to come by and pass the code. Andromeda hardly swallowed at the thought of spending the night out on the bearing — how embarrassing would that be.

"Password?" She was pulled out of her worrying thoughts by the portrait guarding the Tower. Her tone felt rude and attacking. She closed her eyes and began whispering few words, trying to remember what her dearest friends had told her earlier this week. She held the bag tighter against her chest as her heartbeat fastened by the second.

"It's wattlebird." Andromeda snapped her head around as the sound of a masculine voice caressed her ears. A slightly taller figure stood next to her, the portrait swung forward to reveal a round hole in the wall.

"Blimey, y'can win matches but can't even remember a password." She analyzed the student's face, trying her best to see as the dimmed light hid most his facial features.

Belle pursed her lips, hiding her smile, as she recognized the person standing before her.

"Potter, what are you doing in here." She asked as Potter muttered a password and scrambled through the wall — and both found themselves in the Slytherin common room, a cosy area sported by several shades of green and black.

Andromeda was confused, and embarrassed. How could a Gryffindor know his way better in the Slytherin tower than her. But most of all, what was this prat doing ?

Both were welcomed by the roaring fire, stuffed armchairs, and the great view we had from the windows. There was plenty of emerald around the tower. The four-posters were covered with thick scarlet blankets and were embroidered with silver. Silver chandeliers cast warm glows all around and the fireplace mantle was adorned with a portrait of a snake. The common room was deserted.