.2

I grumbled as i walked over, almost tripping to where my phone was charging and plugged it out.

Its 1:20am but somebody decided to wake me up at this time.

I got worried after seeing 5 missed calls from khairat.

She's another one of my close friend and lives directly opposite our house. Her parents got divorced some years back, so she and her mom live independently.

Ive known khairat all my life, and tho she's a year older than i am, it doesn't affect our friendship.

"Khairat ya akayi, whats wrong? " I immediately panicked when i heard her voice.

"Arwa sorry i woke you up, i tried calling mama but her phone was switched off. Can you help me talk to yaya ammar or mama to assist us to the hospital, ammi is seriously sick, kuma driver bayanan."

I ran to mama's room after putting on my long hijab

Moments later baba, mama and yaya ammar helped ammi into the car and they drove off to the hospital, while khairat followed me back home, after mama assured her they'll be fine.

She was looking so distraught and i dont even blame her, i don't know how i would react if that happened to mama.

"She'll be fine, khairy, keep praying."

"I am, I just cant help but be worried." She sighed plopping down on my bed.

"I understand. Why not, lets pray tahajjud, then we'll go downstairs and ill prepare anything of your choice."

I smiled knowing khairat can never deny food and its the only way i can distract her.

"I want milk pudding and pancakes." She clapped her hands like a kid given candy.

"Thats how you'll keep growing fat, orobo." I laughed making her eye me.

"Ejor o, i cannot kee myself and not satisfy my cravings."

"Kaman wata meh ciki. " I laughed when she narrowed her eyes at me.

"Dont let me insult you this night, abi morning sef. "

I already know what the insult will be, she has said it once mistakenly in mama's presence. Omo its wasn't funny o.

This girl just just opened her mouth waaa and spoke rubbish. The look mama gave us could make one pee at the spot.

'Uban ki ne yamin cikin.'

You see khairat, streets i tell you.

We went down stairs after praying, and i ended up frying just ready made samosas, why she changed her mind, i don't know.

"The IT stuff is kind of stressful sha."

I nodded giving her my full attention. She's studying cyber security at the University of Abuja.

"Fati is back from school." I informed her while reposting the late night snack story she posted on Instagram.

Fatima, another friend. A student at Yale University. Yaya saad's sister.

My friendship with her occured naturally because well our brothers are basically best friends so we got close.

"When are you going then? "

"Maybe next week. After im done with test."

"Go and see your husband."

Like i was possessed i jumped off the counter.

"Speaking of my husband, just look at this."

I shoved my phone in her face showing her a video of yaya saad which he sent to me on Friday. He was in a blue kaftan, with his full hair shining, glasses perfectly perched on his nose and dark smooth skin shining.

Kai jama'a

My husband

"Iyyeh." Khairat laughed reading our chats underneath.

     @Barrister_datta

Me- wannan kyau haka yaya saad, naso God they create.😩

Barrister_datta- i wanted to bless your eyes neh yknow.😏

Me- Egoistic men are red flags oo🙂😌

Barrister_datta- so i  should not see my beauty again, because i want to become white flag? 🤣🤣

Me- beauty, sannu snow white, let people say it for you. Be like me, i don't say it, i wait for you to tell me.
Attachment- video(0.5s)

Barrister_datta- you want to make my phone hook with beauty abi😭😭

Barrister_datta- kinja ma kanki, i won't tell you again 😌😂

Me- you cant refuse me, you know i know you cant🌝

Barrister_datta- i won't answer you sef. Until you make cupcake for me😁red velvet please, thank you very much. Goodnight.

Me- dey play.

"This una love, abeg" We laughed and she handed me back my phone.

Yaya saad is like a whole package, a brother, best friend, hype man, supporter, mentor, guardian.

It just depends on what event is undergoing and he'll turn into any.

I don't like the fact that i like him, because well, he's my brother's close friend and even if not, definitely off limits for me.

The kind of girls that are rushing to this guy hm

He just isn't the ladies interested type luckily

What i always tell myself is, its just a mere crush, it'll go away, and its not like he likes me back so. Like he always says, i and fatima are his twin sisters.

Off limit.

The only people that know of the crush are basma and khairat, and maybe just maybe mama. That woman knows everything and im not even capping.

We ended up sleeping around 4, and then left to the hospital to check on ammi in the morning.

...........................................................................

Innalillahi im so tired. I just finished a 4 hour exam. My whole body is aching, and im fasting so im close to collapsing.

Thankfully basma wasn't going home directly and offered to drop me at home.

The ride was just silent as she drove, both of us quite, unlike our normal rides.

You know those crazy friends who are always super active, definition of basma.

She always has funny jokes or stories to share, jumping from one place to the other, kai.

I sighed when she parked inside our compound.

"Basmiemie."

"Arwa, go and sleep. "

"Dole ma, thank you for driving me. Bye. "

She made a dramatic peace sign as i closed the door and she reversed out.

Shes a very good driver, unlike me, who has no interest, soon sha.

Baba's car was parked, so Mama should still be  at the shop, yaya ammar i don't know where, because im still avoiding him after the incident. Mostly because im enjoying the special treatment he's giving me so i can forgive him.

"Babana."

"Arwa kin dawo? "

"Na gaji baba." I sighed and dropped myself on the couch.

We spoke and caught up for minutes before i started dozing off and dragged myself upstairs to my room.

I didn't even bother showering or changing, i needed to get some sleep before maghrib.