SHOCKING DISOVERY

Adam looked at the clock whilst he was in bed. All of a sudden, his eye glimpsed the time. "8:22!" he cried. "My work starts at 8:45!"

He shot out of bed, quickly throwing on his suit, scientist coat, black trousers and his shoes. He swung his drawer open and grabbed his tie, quickly placing it around his neck. His fingers
urgently pressed the buttons into their positions as he flew down the stairs.

His hand grabbed the metal knob on the cupboard and grabbed the first cereal he could find, Rice Krispies. Tipping them in, he ran to the fridge to get the milk out. He gently poured in around 2/5s of the bowl worth of milk. He grabbed a fresh, metallic spoon and began wolfing down his breakfast, making satisfying crunching and crackling noises.

His wife was about to question him in a nice tone, however he flew by, kissing her on the cheek, saying "I have to go to work!" He darted up the stairs, grabbing his toothbrush and squeezing lots of toothpaste onto its head. He put the brush in his left hand and began scrubbing away at his teeth, running into his car. He looked at his phone for the quickest roads that lead into his lab, the nearby London Highway. Still brushing his teeth, Adam slammed his foot against the pedals, throwing his toothbrush into the back after swallowing all of it. His steering wheel twisted and turned onto the highway, then he slammed his foot against the accelerator, speeding his car up to 70mph, the exact speed he needed to go.

He abruptly halted his car at his lab. Angrily, he smashed his finger against the radio button to check the time. "8:29.." it almost taunted him. No time to waste, he flung open his car door and began sprinting into the office. He ripped the door open and then - his worse nightmare occurred...

"Hi I'm Libby, welcome to the checkout." said the smiley inspector.
Adam urgently replied "I-I've got no time to waste," almost breaking down.

She did not care. Adam did not care about her selfishness.
"I'm sick of you now." he said, shoving her against the counter. Whilst she was brushing the pain off, Adam quickly slammed the doors shut, putting his keycard against the lock. It made a quick "Beep" noise, and Adam double checked to see if it was locked. It was.

He began to run to his lab. He pulled the doors open.

"He-l-l-lo!" he said, smiling. "Sorry if I'm late." he smiled, slamming the door in the presence of the checkout lady,  putting his keycard against the lock.
"Ah, Sir Adam, come look at my discovery." said his coworker, Jake, pointing to the computer screen.

It was a mini-map of a small city in China with a rough population of under 50,000 people. It had some red dots on some areas, and when you click on them, they reveal information about some people. Carefully studying them, Adam looked puzzled.
"Soo - this is China?" he said.
Jake nodded. "These people all have similar infections. Do you reckon - this is a cold? Or maybe something bigger?" he replied.

Adam looked confused. The symptoms were: rash, cold, cough, sore throat, chest infections, acne and tiredness in the muscles.

"I wouldn't be too sure what it is to be honest." he told Jake, almost as if he didn't know what these cases were about. "It's not flu season, and this doesn't look like common cold."

"I agree," replied Jake, then the entire facility. The room went dead silent, all you could hear was clicking and tapping and typing on the computers.

"Adam! Here! Quick!" urgently replied one of the scientists.
"What is it, Ava?" he replied. She fanned him over, pointing at the computer screen. Adam nearly fainted at the sight. A zoomed out map of China, showing all the cases from the northern border with Kazakhstan to the border with North Korea. There was a pattern in red dots circling cases, usually everyone having the exact same symptoms.

"Interesting... let's send out team out to investigate." replied Adam.
"But sir it's China!" cried Ava. "We're in the UK remember... they don't like us there!"

"We go undercover, and then we question them." he said. The entire room nodded along.

"Er - Adam? Why is there a fainted person outside the door?" asked Joshua.
"Is there - oh yeah! That's strange - I have nothing to do with it." he trembled.
"M'kay.." replied Joshua, concerned.
There were no other reported cases, the day ended and all the staff went home.

Virus Updates
Symptoms: Fever, Cough, Rashes, Nose bleed frequency, sore throat, acne and muscle tiredness.
Cases: 343, China
Deaths: 0
Cure research: 0%