CHAPTER 39

Napakunot noo ako ng bigla siyang pumunta sa gilid na parte ng kubo at bumalik siyang may dalang gitara.

"Anong gagawin mo?" nagtataka kong tanong.

But he just give me a smile that can melt anyone's heart but guess not mine. "I just want to sing a song." He then start touching the string of the guitar with his long and vainy fingers.

He started singing at wala akong nagawa kundi ang tumayo, tingnan at pakinggan siya.

"I'm so scared of falling, I was
In and out, up and down, too afraid to be open
I found myself in you, and it made me feel so fucking scared"

"Cause, when I am open
All my past and all my pain floats up to the surface
You can even cut me down with a smile, it hurts so bad."

I found myself locking my eyes on him while listening to his voice.

"So, I leave when it gets too good, yeah-yeah
I leave when it gets too good, but.."

He looked at me and I let myself driven by his stares. Yes, it's better to leave when it gets too good, just leave before it hurts you.

"In a perfect world, I am here with you
And I kiss you slow in a dim-lit room
When you ask me if I love you, I say, "I do"
I'm not running from my problems, and I'm not running from you."

"And we're so damn happy, and I'm not confused
I'm not looking for an escape all 'cause
I'm scared I might lose you
Oh, in a perfect world.."

I let him sing while I'm stopping myself on crying not because of him but because of the lyrics of the song. I never heard it before at bakit sa kanya ko pa narinig ang ganung kanta.

Natapos siyang kumanta at nanatili akong nakatayo hanggang sa natagpuan ko nalang siyang nasa harapan ko malalim na nakatingin saakin.

"Here." Inabot nya saakin ang isang bouquet ng rosas at hindi ko maiwasang kunin iyon.

Inamoy ko iyon at hindi ko maiwasang mapapikit sa bangong tinataglay nito. Goodness ngayon lang kumalat sa paligid ang amoy ng mga Rosas!

In the first place hindi ko alam kung bakit niya ako dinala dito at kung bakit kailangan niya pang kumanta. I know his voice is good kabaliktaran nito ang pagkatao niya. Kung gaano siya katigas ganoon naman kalambot ang boses niya. He used to sing me a song when we were kids.

"I'm taking care of them since you left." Napatingin ako sa kanya ng bigla siyang magsalita. Is he talking about the roses? "I know how much you loved roses and when you left I decided to start things like this." He looked at me and all I can see in his eyes is loved.

"I plant a lot of roses, I take care of them until they grown up. I buy this land here and I let Trustin take care of it for a while when I  was on my business." He smiled before locking his eyes on mine. "Years had passed and I come up with the idea of having a company of roses. And I promise to myself that this roses will bring you back to me again." The looked that his giving me is somehow that is hard to explain. "And this roses didn't disappoint me, they're the reason why I meet you again."

I didn't talk even let him hear a single words coming from my mouth. I let him talked. He turn his gaze to the field full of roses, he then place his both hands on his pocket before he throw a deep sigh.

"I was an idiot. I know in myself that I love you for the first time, Claire." hindi ako kumibo sa sinabi niya. "When you left me everyone tells me that your dead but I didn't believe it. My heart is still beating for you and I know that your still here. I didn't give a care for our annulment paper, Claire cause I'm busy finding you." He looked up at the sky and I'm still staring at him. "It's been so hard finding you that I don't know what to do anymore. But I tried to find hope in the darkest of days, and focus on the brightest. I do not judge the universe."