The Smell of Hell - A Prologue

Click.. Click.. Click..

The sound of her red-bottomed heels tap softly along the marble floor. Coming closer. She's humming something.. A song. I'd recognize that sweet sound from anywhere.

Click. Click... Click.

I can't hear her footsteps anymore.

I feel the slight swish of a wet, coarse fabric run along my arm. I move my arm to get a better feel. I can feel a wince as a surge of pain took over my body when she angled her shoe in my direction, hitting me in the diaphragm enough to knock the breath out of my lungs.

"Oh... you're awake. Shame." That angelic voice I once understood so well. My eyes flutter open to reveal her gorgeous figure, her beautiful fiery red hair, and not to mention her even more beautiful green eyes. The princess of Socha.

As I lay there admiring her, I realized what she had been doing. Blood has been splattered all over the floor and she was making her attempt to mop it up.

"I didn't want it to stain the white," she spoke softly. Every repeated motion of the mop sliding across the glossy marble floor made my stomach flip. My mind raced with so many different thoughts, but for only one could I figure it out. It's so hot in here, and the metallic smell of blood sifts into my nose. 

This is hell. Truly.