chapter four, people lie

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋 .

chapter four, people lie

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

—𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐎 𝐓𝐑𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐌𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆, Morrigan runs into Lizzie and Josie. Lizzie stopped in her tracks as she remembered what Penelope said. "Did she who shall not be named fat-shame me?" 

"Well then that thing who shall not be named must be blind, because you liz-bear are absolutely stunning." Morrigan smiles at lizzie who smiles back in thanks, Morri kisses a shocked josie on the cheek.

Josie opened her mouth to answer but no words came out.

"Hey, girls, listen." Ric approached his daughters and tightened his grip around the strap to his bag.

"Don't do it." Josie crossed her arms over her chest as Morrigan warps a tight arm around Josie's waist, rubbing her side witch brought alight pink to josie's cheeks.

Ric tightened his grip on his strap as he stared at Josie. 

"Don't say whatever it is you're about to say because you have Dad face, and wherever Dad face goes, daughter disappointment always follows." Josie huffed. 

  "I really disappoint them a lot, huh." Ric nervously scratched the back of his neck.

"Yeah no kidding." Damon says rolling his eyes.

"I'm sorry; I can't make the game today, Morrigan your sister wants you." Ric apologized and turns to Morrigan at the last thing he said to which she nods to. 

 Josie tilted her head, "But, Dad, you're the coach."

 "And I'm QB1 this year." Lizzie whined. 

 "I hate it as much as you do, but I have to find Landon Kirby." Ric shrugged. 

 "Okay, so let's cancel. I mean, it's a joke anyways. We can't use our powers, so we suck." Josie suggested with a smile.

 "Exactly. Which is a normal school for troubled rich kids thing to do. This annual event lets the locals see you for what they think you are. And keeps them from asking to many questions." Ric argued.

Lizzie signed, "But they mock us."

"Because they're insecure, small town kids with small minds. So just let it be. Look, girls, with Landon running around, knowing all of our secrets, we have to protect our profile now more than ever. Can I count on you guys to do that?" Ric looked between his twin daughters. 

The girls nodded in response.

 "Alright, I love you both. We'll be back as soon as we can." he walked away.

 Lizzie processed what her father had said to them, "Wait...who's we?".

Morrigan kisses josie on the cheek once more to which this time josie kisses her cheek also, "I have to go and do something, but i'll talk to you later alright." Morri whispers staring into Josie's eyes.