014. we're definitely not friends

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮
FOURTEEN!
we're definitely not
friends
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮FOURTEEN! we're definitely not friends╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

───────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─────────

Starcourt Mall, a place that was supposed to liven up the once dull and simple small town of Hawkins with its eccentric atmosphere, had become plagued with tragedy.

The place, which once promoted a prosperous era to its citizens, had been completely massacred by the potent smell of death. It had been reduced to nothing but a pile of smoking rubble and gritty dust that ripped through the land like a nasty wound.

But that isn't even the worse of it. The worst part about this tragedy is that nobody will know why it actually happened. Nobody will never know what caused that fire. And to all of those innocent lives that had been lost, their loved ones will never know the real cause of their death.

Nobody will know anything, except for the people who actually experienced the devastation with their very own eyes. They will be the only ones allowed to know about the secret Russian soldiers lurking in the shadows or the open portal to the alternative dimension or the flesh eating monster that took all of those innocent lives.

And they were not allowed to reveal any of that information to the general public, out of fear of mass hysteria. Instead they were forced to endure their own pain in silence and pretend that everything was going to be fine, even if it wasn't.

Ashley Parker was part of the latter group. She was one of the only people in the town who knew what was happening in the shadows of this once dull small town. She was at the mall on that dark night, she had experienced the tragedy with her own eyes and now was forced to live with those secrets.

Though she was grateful to have escaped the terrifying situation with her life intact, completely free of injury but she couldn't deny that she did indeed a lose a part of herself that night. She had lost her only sense of normalcy, something she had been trying to hold onto for the last few months.

Ever since the teen girl had moved to Hawkins in the cold months of 1985, she had never felt normal. She constantly stood out, especially when compared to her peers and everyone made it apparent to her. She was sick and tired of all of the strange looks and comments that she received from everyone.

She really struggled to fit in the small town, so she did whatever she could to not seem so 'off-putting.' Her desire to be perceived as 'normal' was one of the reasons why she started working at Starcourt. She hoped her job would show off that she was a perfectly normal girl, underneath the bleach hair and heavy eyeliner.