1 - My Time

Jungkook's Introduction

Hi. Jeon Jungkook here, the famous curator at the Welsh art gallery in Cardiff City.

I'm not very good with words, bit I was asked to share my biography with my fans.

Look, I know what you're probably thinking right about now.

This dude is Korean but he's talking with a Welsh accent?

Yeah... I'll explain that in bit.

I've been here for about five years now. But I do visit my parents in Korea occasionally. My parents have asked me to settle down on many occasions.

But I never wanted to date and never planned on getting married.

To me, I just wanted to paint and draw and sculpt and write.

I moved to Wales to expand my knowledge on European art forms. Before I moved here, I spent about two years in India, studying the various art forms and documenting the stories depicted on the art forms.
.
.
.

You know, I love my life. I'm fully aware that I'm just an ordinary artist. But this way, there are no pressures on me, no imminent threats in this tiny industry and definitely no looming retirement due. I can work until I take my last breath.

I can paint and create works of art as much as I like and no one questions me or my style. Because my work sells. People like how relatable each ensemble is.

Whether I paint a landscape, be it fictional or an actual landscape from my travels, or a series of photographs I've taken for a portfolio, I can sculpt a bust or range of sculptures, I could publish a short novella or release a collection of sketches, no matter what I try, the work I share is personal and takes a lot of my love and time to make.
Men and women alike love my work.

Because I put in all of my time.

I'm single and happy as I am. I don't believe that I need to settle down. Not now, and perhaps not ever.

Everyone knew that I was married to my work and I never wanted anything to do any women, until the day I met her...
.
.
.
.
.

Everyone knew that I was married to my work and I never wanted anything to do any women, until the day I met her

_____________________________

Jungkook's POV

Making my way down the streets of the market place where I buy my art supplies, on my thirtieth birthday, everything was going swimmingly well. The birds chirped their beautiful songs and the sound of life teeming around me, the traffic, the people crossing the road, vendors selling street food, street performers dancing and singing at intervals along the differnet rows of tents in the market place, everything about it warmed my insides and inspired my next set of work.

I had first fallen in love with this marketplace about five years ago, which was when I'd moved to Cardiff city. I'd moved to Wales as I was offered to take on the position of foreign curator at an art gallery near the University.

Now, as head curator of the gallery, it felt so freeing to just be myself.

I could wear whatever I wanted to and use my cultural heritage to influence my works of art.

Since today was a big day for me, I decided to dress casual, opting for a plain white long sleeve t-shirt and denim overalls with tan Timberlands. I'd coloured my hair purple, as an experiment for our latest exhibition at the gallery.

I chose to wear casual clothes now since I had a fancy high tea event to attend in the evening, which meany I'd have to wear a suit and tie, with pinchy shoes. The event was held in honour of my thirtieth birthday and the staff wanted to celebrate the last five years of Korean influenced art that I shared with the gallery.

Just as I made my way towards the entrance to the marketplace, a light drizzle began.

"Agh... just great." I muttered to myself.

"Come this way Jungkook. My goodness! You don't even have an umbrella son!" Said Mrs. Knight.

Mrs. Knight was a lovely woman, who was probably in her sixties, it was hard to say as she was so full of energy. She managed the marketplace and often sold her own wares at the entrance.

When I first visited the marketplace, Mrs. Knight was the first friendly face I made friends with. We'd sometimes meet for lunch and she'd even posed for a few of my photographs which was for a folio based on the locals of Cardiff.

"Thank you Mrs. K." I smile at her and walked into the shelter of her stall.

"Jungkook, you know Cardiff's weather by now, why don't you carry an umbrella?!" She scolds me, and suddenly I missed my eomma.

...

As I made payment to the vendor, in cash, for my bowl of hot, sweet, vermicelli; patrons all around me began to shriek as the raindrops got heavier and fell more rapidly. Many people pulled out either black or white umbrellas from their packets or bags and opened them up as they made their way homeward from the marketplace.

I looked up from my bowl of dessert, left then right, hoping the rain would stop.

Out of the blue, a bright blue umbrella appears over me, sheltering me from the splashes of rain at the edge of the stall.

"Here, you can share mine." Came a sweet voice.

"Thank y-" I stutter as I notice the person on my left.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

A/n: You know me! I'll be leaving you with this cliffhanger!

Updated the introduction:

10 November 2023