Newbie

SERENA BEALIEU stared up at her new apartment in San Francisco. She opened the doors to a perfect, modern home. Two story with sleek stainless steel appliances. Everything was black and white.

She walked outside and saw her neighbor. A girl with bright red hair and popping green eyes.
"Hi, I'm Serena Bealieu. I just moved here." She could speak English fluently, with hardly a trace of a French accent. But the accent was there.
"Hey, I'm Quinn Anderson." The red head waved at her. "Were you born in France because I can hear a hint of French." Quinn asked.
"Yeah I just moved here from France. I've never been here before. I'm looking for an internship at a hospital. I just finished med school." She responded.
"Oh gosh wow. I'm barely getting paid as a waitress." Quinn laughed.
"I gotta go. It was nice meeting you, Quinn."
"Yeah you too. See you later." Quinn continued to arrange flowers in her flower box outside on the small porch.
Serena smiled and headed off to get a new wardrobe for this hot climate. She went to 'Foot Locker' for some new running shoes. She picked out her size and swiftly turned around; bumping into someone.

"Oh I'm so sorry." Serena had dropped her shoe box and went to go retrieve it.
"No it was my fault, I'm sorry." A male voice spoke. She looked up to see a light skinned, athletic, green eyed man who looked mid 20s.
"No, well I turned really quickly so...It was my fault. I'm sorry again." She sidestepped him before he could say anything else and went to go pay.

After dropping off her shoes in her new car, Serena went to the nearest grocery store. She looked around and went to go get what she needed. As if my fate, she turned around again after picking up easy sushi, and bumped into someone. It was the same guy.
"We've got to stop meeting like this." He winked.
"If you're following me I have to admit I'm a little weirded out." She raised an eyebrow.
"Relax. It's just a coincidence." He replied.
"This is just circumstantial. 3rd times a charm." Serena avoided his speech again and proceeded to check out with the little cash she had in her pocket.
"Wait!" She could barely hear him through the hustle and bustle of the grocery store.

In mid bite of sushi, Serena heard a knock on her door. She sighed and got up to answer it. Maybe it's Quinn. She hoped it was Quinn. Serena really would like a friend to show her around her new atmosphere. To her disappointment the same man from her previous stores was there, "Ok now I'm going to call the police." She reached in her pocket for her phone but it was missing. Serena panicked and reached in her pockets.
"Chill, you dropped it at the grocery store and I came to return it." He smiled and held up her phone in the air. "And if I'm not mistaken, this is a 3rd time?" He asked quizzically.
"Fine." She sighed.
"Ok, my first question, is that a hint of French that I hear?" He laughed and she narrowed her eyes.
"Yes, I just moved here from France." She answered monotone.
"Wow...well I'm Stephen Curry. You can call me Steph or whatever suits you."
"I'm Serena Bealieu. You can call me Serena or whatever suits you." She mocked him.
"Sorry but do you not know who I am?" He asked.
"Stephen Curry, professional stalker. Am I right or am I right?" Serena laughed and so did Steph.
"Very funny. But seriously." He calmed down.
"I'm being serious." Serena simply stated.
"Luckily, I carry these around...." He reached into his back pocket and took out 2 tickets.
"Basketball tickets?" Serena examined them. "Ah, golden state because of the Golden Gate Bridge. I get it..." She put two and two together.
Steph laughed, "Yes and there's a game tomorrow and I would LOVE if you came. I'm sorry I can't provide transportation this time but I'm no less a gentleman."
"We'll see about that. And thank you for the tickets and my phone. I guess I'll see you tomorrow, Stephanie." Serena laughed at her own joke.
Stephen was already down the steps when he hears Stephanie. With his back to her he yelled, "Last time I checked I'm not a girl."
"As I remember 'you can call me Steph or whatever suits you'. Stephanie suits me." She had a little crack in the door and could hear him laugh on his way out.

SERENA'S PAST goes a little like this...
Serena Bealieu is 25, just got out of med school and is currently looking for an internship in San Francisco. She was born in Nice and her family was very very rich. Serena doesn't like to depend on her family for those expenses. She wanted to make them on her own.
She has dark brown hair, green eyes and a perfect tan. She has 2 brothers, on older and one younger. Serena escaped France to get a taste of America and finish her internship and possible residency.

She was so excited for tomorrow night's game. She had to admit that she thought that Steph was charming and funny. It was safe to say that she liked him. She couldn't stop picturing his soft green eyes, like her own. And he would laugh at her jokes. That was a necessity for her.
Serena wanted to wear Golden State Merchandise but of course she didn't have any.

"Hey Quinn!" Serena pounded the door.
"Oh hey Serena. What's up." Quinn was dressed in her PJs and looked like she just woke up.
"Sorry to wake you but I'm going to a golden state game tomorrow and I'd like to wear something that says golden state but you know, I don't really have anything so..." Serena perked up at Quinn. Quinn was actually very short. It was just that Serena was a few steps below her front door.
"Yeah, I have just the thing. You can come in." Quinn opened the door. Her house was almost a replica of Serena's but it was barely recognizable. Quinn had made sure that there was color everywhere. She painted the wall bright pink, a bright marble countertop, bright pictures and a popping navy blue couch with an assortment of pillows. Soon, Quinn came back with a sweatshirt that was blue and had the golden state logo on the front. "Perfect. Thanks. Good night." Serena closed the door and waited for the next night to come.