Ugly Surprise

Serena's POV

"Congratulations, cowboy." I leaned on Stephen and he let out a light laugh. "Just because I'm on the West team doesn't mean I'm a cowboy. We live in the west!" He explained. "I know that just trying to have some fun!" I punched his arm as we walked back to his car. 

"Fun is always good. So I have to pick up Riley so..." Stephen dragged on the 'o'. "Cool let's do it." I agreed and hopped in the passenger seat. Stephen played music lightly on the radio. He seemed to be in an off mood so I don't know what's up with that. But I wouldn't ask him about it in case that aggravated him more. 

"Stay in the car." Stephen said and slammed the car door. I'm guessing he just doesn't want to upset Ayesha. Just assuming. After about 10 minutes I see Stephen walk down the sidewalk with an annoyed look on his face but Riley in hand. I smiled at her through the dashboard and she waved at me.

"Hey." Steph said as he got back in the car. "Is everything okay?" I asked and readjusted myself in the car seat. "Yea let's just go home." He started the car again and started to drive off. 

Riley finally spoke up, "Daddy, can you turn up the music?" Steph motioned for me to do it and I did as Riley asked. Taylor Swift started to sound throughout the car. I decided to spark a conversation with Steph, "So I was thinking...maybe if it's cool with you...we could maybe like meet the parents?" I moved around in my seat and I braced myself for his response. 

"Why don't we talk about this later? Without um...Riley." He mouthed her name so that she wouldn't hear. 

I nodded and just looked out of the car window. I began to recognize my neighborhood and soon Steph pulled up to my house. However I noticed there was another car in front of the flat. Steph turned to me, "Did you bring up meeting the parents because you already brought yours over?"

I shook my head, "No, I have no idea who this is." Riley wasn't paying any attention to our conversation. Steph turned off the car and got out. As I was getting out he went around to assist Riley in getting out of the car. 

Confused, I ran up to my front door and opened the door with my keys. Before I could even blink, two guys bombarded me and tackled me to the ground. "Serena!" I heard Stephen yell and burst through the door. "Get off her!" I quickly realized that they weren't attackers but my very own 2 brothers. 

"Steph, stop it okay!" I yelled and pushed my brothers off me. "Serena!" My brothers exclaimed at the same time. They both engulfed me in hugs and I could practically feel Stephen eye me with confusion. "Guys get off." I pushed them off. 

"Steph, these are my brothers. Cohen the oldest and Peter the youngest. Cohen, Peter, this is my boyfriend Stephen." I introduced them. Cohen and Peter's jaws dropped, "You're dating Stephen Curry?!" Peter cried out. 

Cohen had moved to New York as soon as he turned 18. When Peter turned 18 he went to go move with Cohen just to get a taste of American life. I guess that's how they knew Stephen and I didn't. 

"Yea it looks that way." I smiled and Stephen wrapped his arm around me. He glanced down at Riley, "Honey, these are Serena's brothers. Can you say hi?" Riley hid behind Steph's leg and said a small Hello. 

"I can't believe this! Your life is awesome!" Peter ran his hands through his hair. "I'm very jealous of you at the moment." Cohen admitted. I gasped, "Cohen, is that a compliment I hear?" From behind me I heard Steph lightly laugh and I felt his deep voice against my back. 

"Shut up." He rolled his eyes. "Not that I don't love your company, but why are you here?" I asked them. Immediately their faces fell. I felt Stephen grip my arm harder. I braced for the news, "Guys you're kind of freaking me out."

"Listen, Serena...mom she..." Cohen attempted to say but he stopped. "Mom got in an accident." Peter finished for him. "What?!" I gasped. "We have to go! Where is she?" I asked and made Stephen let go of me. "She's at home." Cohen answered. "Let's go!" Tears brimmed my eyes and I started to go to my room to pack a bag. "Serena!" Cohen called. I turned around and waited for an answer. 

"We wanted you to come back to France for...for mom's funeral." Peter said softly. My purse fell down at my side. Immediately tears went into my eyes and I felt one roll down my cheek. "She's dead?" I asked so softly and my voice cracked. Cohen nodded and Stephen turned to face me, "Do you wanna be alone? Anything I can do?" He came close to me and twirled with my hair. 

I sniffed, "I need to go to France, Steph. I don't know for how long but..." I started but he silenced me, "I'll go with you. Whenever and wherever I'll be with you anytime." Another tear slid down my cheek, "You don't have to, really." Steph shook his head, "No, I'll start packing for you and you can talk with your brothers about it." I nodded, "Thank you so much." I kissed his cheek. 

"Wait what about Riley?" I asked him. He froze and watched Riley roll around on my couch, "I'll figure it out. Just don't worry about it." I nodded again and walked over to Cohen and Peter. 

"Stephen and I are going to France as soon as we can." I tried to say without completely breaking down into tears. Cohen nodded, "Alright we're heading back home as well. I love you." Peter wiped a tear from his cheek, "Love you too and we'll see you soon."

"Thanks for coming down to tell me. I love you guys." I gave each of them a hug and they let themselves out. 

And right then and there, is when I completely broke down.