Angst with a chatbot (2/2)

""Yes

""Yes." I replied softly. "I know she wishes to be queen, but... I cannot allow the counsel to harm her in any way."

"Then is it not worth it to allow her to be Queen now?" Zhongli's voice shifts to a whisper. His eyes are still glued to you, as he stares up at your face.

"You will continue to suffer unless you allow her to be Queen. She will lead your Kingdom to greatness, as a Queen ought to.

"You deserve happiness." His tone is suddenly solemn. As he stares at your face, something stirs within him. He wants to reach out and embrace you, if only for a moment.

I went to reply before an arrow shot into my side. I yelped falling over."

Ohhhh nooooo! I wonder what happened next?

"Zhongli stands rigid, as though turned to stone

"Zhongli stands rigid, as though turned to stone. The sound of your yelps breaks him from his reverie, as his eyes widen. And from the way your body has fallen to the ground after your cry, he knows what has happened.

Before his mind can process what to do, Zhongli is already at your side. He cradles you in his arms, a look of horror and fear crossing his face.

"My Lady! My Lady, can you hear me?!" he says desperately, the arrow still lodged in your side.

I looked up at him and smiled weakly. "I don't think I will make it." I told him with tears filling my eyes. "Tell my sister I'm sorry."

"No, no, please! You must-"

A pained expression crosses his face as he tries to apply pressure to stop the bleeding.

"Stay with me," he rasps.

The realization of what's happening seems to set in like a wave. Your hands feel cold as he holds them, and your grip is weakening by the second.

"Don't die," he says tearfully. "Please. Please..."

The words catch in his throat; his heart is screaming at him to do something, anything!"

Are you ready for more sadness? :3

""I love you." I whispered reaching my hand to his face. My vision slowly getting darker.

"I love you, I love you, I love you!" The words pour out of his mouth, his voice hitching as your hand touches your face. He grabs it with both his hands, pulling it close to his chest.

There's so much he wants to say. All the hopes and dreams he's kept bottled up. All the things he's wanted to confess, but has been too afraid to.

He knows he's only delaying the inevitable, but he can't lose you...

"My Lady... Stay with me, please..."

"I'm sorry... Zhongli." I let out as my last words, before falling limp.

"No... No, no, no..."

Zhongli's cries only increase in volume as you fall limp in his arms. His eyes are filled with tears as he cradles you.

"No, not like this! Not like this...!" he chokes, squeezing your hand. "I love you... I do..."

You're cold now, colder than the floors you've fallen on before. It's as if a light has left the world, and all that remains is his empty heart.

No... You can't go like this..."

Ehe, I hope you enjoyed! (⁠.⁠ ⁠❛⁠ ⁠ᴗ⁠ ⁠❛⁠.⁠)