chapter 1

"Halt!" The guard to the quarters of those in town for the meeting of the elites of Green Corps yelled when he saw us approaching with our hoods up.

"Twins, mark 30 28." I announced, raising my hood slightly so he could se the glowing green that marked my face.

"Proceed." He called, not bothering to ask if we were armed. It was custom to keep all weapons on our person, no matter the place.

Brother and I proceeded to our rooms with the older men and some women who were invited to choose our next assignments.

"What's the plan for choosing this go around?" I questioned after the doors were sealed and latched.

"Anything close to Maria!" He snapped, making me regret asking him to come with me on one last mission before he decided to make a life with his fiancé.

"Fine, just don't keep yelling. This is probably the last assignment we are ever going on together, so suck it up." I snapped back, matching his attitude step for step.

We went our separate ways and didn't speak again until the knock came telling us the meeting was about to start. Ten of the most trained men and women from around the continent sitting at one table, it was enough to make the most hardened man shriek and run seeing our several marks and designs coating our faces.

"I will speak for Mr Green today." A woman with a clear face announced, standing at the head of the table with a small headset to communicate with him.

"Are we choosing this year?" I questioned, not giing a shit of the look I got from Sam.

"No, you will be sent where I demand." She announced without a pause. Next she started passing out the papers for the assignment ne by one. Each person read theirs and bolted to get packed and leave. We were the last to receive our assignment, and it wasn't as I thought. A traveling one to send us to get a prisoner who escaped the death sentence.

"This doesn't list a place we are aware of." I questioned the woman speaking for Mr Green.

"It's a place in North America. He is killing the rich and we have been asked to send our best to find him." She told us, pushing a very important envelope across witht he travelers print on the outside allowing us to leave on a plane to about anywhere we could wish.

"Will we have assistance of our choosing?" Sam asked, ignoring my glare at his thinking.

"Two will assist you, no more and no less." She told us, removing the headset and walking off, ending any negotiation we might have had left.