Chapter 1:School life

Autumn in Franklin Delano Roosevelt high school was usually a rather good one.
The simultaneous browning of twigs and leaves on pine trees covered the whole streets in the FDR high school with dead leaves fluttering around as the cold wind blew slowly.
The students were rather happy because it was the last week in October, actually the last day in October.
Today was Halloween, and many students had different awkward and scary costumes on, the lawns and the masoned horticulture that fenced the college was decorated with jack-o'-lanterns and a few Halloween costumes.

Jake Tolland and a few other students were strutting down the sidewalk waiting for the morning bell to chime, which marks the beginning of the day's work.
"Hey yo man, you gat to see this" Jason Billings, a friend of Jake said showing him a picture of pennywise in his usual clown outfit.
"Man pennywise isn't real, don't get fooled" He adjusted his pirate hat and the eye patch on his left eye.
"whatever"Jason snorted derisively.
"Jake" Kent Barrington called out and joined Jake and Jason as they both argued if pennywise was real or not .
" C'mon bro , I still can't believe to the fact that you think pennywise was real. He's just a movie character " Kent said laughed aloud before coughing.
" Good thing you're choking on toffee on a good Halloween morning " Jason poked his tongue out and wiggled it as a sign of mockery.
" You look like pennywise's dog" Jake laughed as Jason gave him a hell of a chase after calling him a Russell terrier. Finally, Jason caught up with Jake and grappled him. They both stumbled over and they found themselves lying on a bed of dried leaves in a second.
Jake got up and offered Jason a hand but he grunted in response and yanked Jake's hand away.
" Hey Jake, Anne" Jason motioned his face to her direction and Jake followed it.
Jake looked back and found him self staring at Anne Kardashian.
-She was right at his back -
" Hey Anne" Phil greeted, more embarrassed than nervous.
- Anne had been his long time friend, not friends actually, just mates -
" Ohh, hi Jake" She greeted with a wave of hand and turned her face away before Jake could say a god-damn thing.
"Oh God,I just want to tell how she looked cool in her halloween costume" Jake said as he helped Jason up "Holy crap you are overweight,how did you catch up me!!!"
"Can't blame me, running on low soda these days"Jason snorted.Kent walked up to them "Jake this is your chance.She's looking right towards you" he whispered
"It's her and her friends,how is that possible"
"C'mon bro,you can do this. Just walk up to her and buy her a cup of ice cream,make sure you get one for yourself too.And make sure is strawberry flavour,you know girls like sweet things. Then you do the talking afterwards"Kent explained has if he was coaching jake.
" Easier said than done" Jake scoffed and they all went to her some ice cream at a ice cream truck nearby.
" Now , all you need is an approach,and boom she accepts" Jason said adjusting Jake's eye patch and wiping leaves soot off his face.
" Don't worry guys, I gat this" Jake walked away making up his mind, he had done this several times buh he ended up running away at every trial.
+ He was nervous+
Every step he took, increased the coursing of adrenaline through his body.
He was just seconds away from Anne when the giant bell chimed in it's campanile. Anne who seemed not to be noticing him , glanced at him and backed off quickly.
" I'm off to class" Anne waved at her friends and strutted off.
Jake's heart shook instantly, he intended in dropping the ice cream cups in his hands on the floor and squashing them with his boots. But Jason walked up to him, patted him and retrieved the ice cream cups and scooped a little.
" Better than wasting all of 'em" Jason said taking another scoop" it tastes good " He said between mouthfuls..
" I'll have the second one" Kent slipped the other cup off his and patted him.
" Nice try " Kent backed off and scooted off to class.
" Let's move" Jason pushed Jake and dragged him off to class
*********
After recess Jake walked towards Anne "Hey Anne"he said slightly nervous "hey jake" Anne said without giving him a glance "By the way your witch outfit looks great on you" Jake said.
"Thank you" Anne said and walked out before he could say a word. At this instant Jake knew his courage were all gone,how could he ever face her again with this kind of attitude.He returned to his seat preparing for the next last class.
************
During the class Jake focus was on Anne,even when the teacher asked him a question,he was definitely lost in thoughts.
"Jake....Jake Tolland "The teacher called his name "Yes miss mary"He answered coming back to his senses."I asked you a question jake" "huh..what question?"Jake asked "are you sure you are here, c'mon what were you looking at,I noticed you weren't paying any attention"
The asked in a confused look. While Jake sat staring at her."ummm....miss mary..I ...hu.."Jake tried speaking but he kept missing his words.
"He is probably gawking at Anne" a classmate yelled out. At that point Jake knew he was definitely going to be called out and he would probably failed the class.
"Jake get out of the class"Miss mary yelled at him slightly.Jake walked out of the class obediently without looking back.
****
*Art class
The last class of the day was rather boring and Jason kept dozing and drooling on his drawing book. Jake on the other hand was having a hard time trying to be his real self. He made illegible marks on his drawing sheet umpteenth times and crumpled it with optimum frustration.
He had been embarrassed thrice today, first, someone yelled out "he was gawking at Anne", secondly, he was chased out of class.And now, Anne Kardashian was such a mood breaker, she isn't giving a damn.
Like i-don't-give-a-fuck. "Who knows if she has a heart. She couldn't even listen to me or ask if I gat something to say" He muttered. " Are u still thinking 'bout her" Kent interrupted, poking him with a pencil. " Uhhh, did I say that loud" Jake asked , composing himself. " C'mon man, are u going nuts" Kent snorted "You said that pretty loud"" Tsk!, Just can't concentrate" Phil grumped." Better let her off your mind, she is a peacock. Wonder how she made so many friends" Kent snorted, applying blue paint on his paperwork." Urrrgh, I'll try to. Buh I wanna give it another goo" Jake shrugged still having a little bit of courage,and looking at Kent's face. Disappointment riddled on it. " C'mon man, are you high on Krug '66"
" You guys are making a hell of noise, can you just shut up for once. I'm sleeping as you can see" Jason protested and Kent showed him the middle finger. " So whaddaya say, I should give it another goo" Jake asked, raising a brow.
" Whatever" Kent shrugged and continued his painting.
^^^^^^^^^^^^
After school closed Jake sees Anne walking past the boardwalk and he runs up to meet her."Hey Anne, wait up" Jake shouted running towards her "what do you want Jake" Anne said crossing her hands putting on an arrogant expression. "Umm...I just to...um .." Jake stuttered "what do you wanna say,as you can see I gat something to do. So will you please say what you wanna say,and be quick" Anne said in arrogant expression,Jake looked stunned for a moment and decided to speak up.
"I just wanted to ask you if you could be my friend..I mean like a close friend...I promise there's no other motive.." Jake said immediately regretted saying such a thing. He was expecting a reply but all he got was a stare and Anne walked out on him without glancing back.
His sixth sense told him he has been turned down. He got really frustrated and decided to go home.
***
Jake Tolland got home feeling stressed and frustrated. He felt like a loser,at that point he didn't know what to do. Few minutes later a got a call from Jason "heyyo man watsup,are you coming for the party" Jason said loudly because of the noise coming from the background.
"I can't man,am just too stressed out" Jake said "is it because of Anne you wanna come to the party? C'mon man you gat to come to the party and besides you can get another chance with Anne,play Jake it would be boring without you here"Jason said pleading. Of course he didn't want his friend to miss out this fun all because of a girl who doesn't give him any attention.
"Ok Jason I think I can make it" Jake said on a second thought.
******
Franklin Delano Roosevelt memorial park

The cabbie dropped jake off at the FDR park. Heck! It was such a sight.
It looked like the whole world was attending the Halloween party. People dressed in crazy outfits- ghosts, zombies, vampires, witches, wizards, mummies and lots of 'em.
Jake had a pirate outfit on and his strap up boots, a little wooden dagger in his belt holster. He flung out his phone and dialled Jason's number.
He tried four rings and Jason wasn't picking up, he decided to go in by himself, he walked slowly, studying every single person that walked past and people he walked past. Fireworks illuminated everywhere and eerie noises erupted from huge megaphones.
He took an exit into the beach side of the FDR park and he needed no one to tell him, he was at the heart of the party.
A famous clown was performing on stage and everyone seemed to be interested in him.
But Jake wasn't
He hadn't seen Jason and Kent!!
As he shoved himself into the mob, looking around for either of them. Then abruptly, something pulled him back and be found himself staring at a blood painted mask.
He almost gave out, then he brandished the little dagger and impaled the assaulter's abdomen.
"Aw.... Jake. This isn't a real pirate fight" the voice yelled and Jason pulled his mask down. Kent showed up a second later in a mummy's outfit. And Jason had the joker's suit on.
" How do we look?" Jason asked, grinning.
" You look like dummies.... Is that lipstick on your face and I guess this is talcum powder. Oh heck! If this was the real joker. People would boo him a lot. And u Kent. Aren't you getting hot in this outfit. I wonder how many layers of clothes you wasted on yourself "
" Man..... I know what the problem is" Kent said leering at him lasciviously
" She said no, right? "Jason said, more sarcastic than sympathetic.
" Pffft...Whatever " Jake grunted and snatched the Italian wine in Jason's hands before taking a healthy gulp.
"You know man you could actually give it another try" Jason tapped his shoulder "hell no,she didn't give me a bit of attention, so why would I try"Jake said gulping more wine "c'mon just give it a try, if you don't do this you might loose her forever, so guy give it a try.Face your fears" Kent said agreement with Jason.
"Ok fine I will go, so you guys can stop pestering me". With that Jake walked up to where Anne was staying with her friends.
"Umm...hey Anne.uh..would you mind talking for a minute" Jake was surprised she agreed. They moved away from where her friends were staying.
"About what I said earlier....uh..You didn't reply"Jake said feeling anxious."I've given you a reply so what else do you want"Jake was confused when did she reply,she obviously didn't reply and just left.
"Uhhmm...Anne you didn't reply me or....oh"Jake got the message now she didn't want to anything with him.
"C'mon Anne ...I promise there's no any other motive behind this..I..just want to be your friend that's all" Jake said wanting to touch her shoulder but instead he got bathed with prickly juice.
He was really annoyed but he couldn't do anything, then he noticed people started taking pictures and vide,the shame was too much for him to bear the shame he walked out,Jason and Kent tried to follow him," Jason, Kent don't follow me he said in a cold voice and walked away.
********
As he walked home, everything was obviously impalpable. He walked like a old woman in heels then his eyes caught something unusual.
He saw a body wrapped in a tarpaulin and stowed beside a lamppost.
He wanted to run but he was under the wine's influence, he hissed, hummed out an old song and heard a loud whistle that ran through the darkness.
The lamppost which illuminated half of the alley blinked and a scintillating sparks gave out and the light went off.
He turned back to see if someone was trying to hurt him or something
- Probably, one of those alleyway punks
" Get your ass over here" He harrumphed and looked around, staggering at every move.
Then he heard the whistle, much louder this time and someone wearing a jack-o'-lantern on his head zapped past him.

He thought he was hallucinating, he hissed angrily. Thinking about the pain (the girls'name) had put him through tonight.
He never blamed himself for getting drunk
Abruptly, something rammed into his face and the world went dark....

Author's note: thanks for reading next chapter will come in a few days pls don't forget to like, vote and add to your library list. I love you all 🥰😘🫶.