2. Flaxans

In the heart of the battleground, Invulnerable and Invincible, their forms clad in superhero suits, stood resolute amidst the chaos. Alien weaponry hummed and sizzled, targeting the vulnerable humans below. Invulnerable, and quick on his feet, dashed forward, smashing the advanced tech with a swift, calculated strike. His movements were sharp and purposeful.

Beside him, Invincible hesitated, his eyes wide with the weight of his first major confrontation. A wave of fear washed over him, threatening to paralyze his actions. Sensing his apprehension, Invulnerable glanced at him, his voice firm.

"Keep it together, Mark," Invulnerable urged, his words slicing through the chaos.

Mark, alias Invincible, nodded, attempting to steel himself against the onslaught. Just as he was about to summon his courage, a deadly shot was fired in his direction. Time seemed to freeze, but a sudden pink forcefield enveloped him, saving him from the lethal hit. Atom Eve, her presence unexpected, stood beside him, her eyes sharp and determined.

"Thanks," Mark managed, his voice laced with gratitude.

Meanwhile, the robotic voice of Robot, their reliable ally, cut through the chaos. "Eve, enemy tanks will line up to kill you."

Eve's focus shifted, her resolve unyielding. "On it," she declared, her powers flaring to life as she unleashed her abilities, obliterating the incoming threat with finesse and precision.

The battle against the Flaxans raged on, a fierce struggle between Earth's defenders and the invading forces. As the minutes stretched into a frenzied blur of combat, something peculiar began to unfold. The Flaxans, once formidable foes, started to age rapidly before their eyes. In a bizarre twist, they withered, their once powerful forms dwindling into frailty.

With a final, desperate effort, the Flaxans retreated, their escape marked by the eerie spectacle of their rapidly aging bodies. The battlefield, once tumultuous, now lay in an unsettling calm. Earth's champions, having stood firm against the onslaught, now surveyed the aftermath, their expressions a mix of exhaustion, relief, and lingering uncertainty.

In the bustling corridors of their school, amidst the ebb and flow of students, Ben Tennyson's keen eyes caught sight of Eve Wilkins. The memory of their recent battle against the Flaxans, where Eve and the Teen Team had come to their aid, sparked his intention to approach her. Meanwhile, Mark Grayson, walking alongside his loyal friend William, felt a twinge of regret gnawing at him. He couldn't shake the feeling that he could've done more to help during their last encounter with the aliens. As he glanced sideways, he noticed Ben engaged in conversation with Eve, and his curiosity piqued.

"Hey, that's Eve Wilkins, right?" Mark mused aloud, drawing William's attention to her presence.

William turned to see Eve. "Mark, you're not thinking about talking to Eve, right?"

"I gotta talk to both Eve and Ben," Mark replied resolutely, his determination guiding his steps toward them.

Approaching the duo, Mark greeted them with a friendly yet slightly apprehensive smile. "Hey, Ben, Eve."

Ben greeted him with a casual nod, while Eve regarded him with a friendly curiosity. "Hey. You're Mark...right?"

"Yeah, that's me. So what were you two talking about?" Mark inquired, trying to gauge the nature of their conversation.

Ben, ever the nonchalant spirit, waved off the question lightly. "Oh, you know, the usual. I was just introducing myself."

Mark shot Ben a bemused glance. "Well...Eve, thanks for the assistance the other day," he said, genuine gratitude lacing his words.