Comfort in the shadows

"Oh god.." I was in a dark and unfamiliar environment, I swear! I had never seen this place in my entire life, I feel a sense of oppression in the air. It's all so dark, I only see trees around me and the sounds of branches breaking at my bare feet, a place so dense and sinister, it seems like the trees are twisting like threatening hands. The darkness around me seems to shift and transform into grotesque shapes, creating an atmosphere of fear and despair. I feel something, someone stare at me, looking back there was nothing.. No one, sighing I thought it was just in my head, looking back to the front, a hatchet flew towards my head, only to pierce the dying shell from one of the trees, the hatchet was bloody, covered with moss, old and a little dirty, when I tried to leave the place I was paralyzed! Unable to run, I looked everywhere, only for another hatchet to fly towards me, hitting my head squarely.

A loud scream was heard from downstairs, making me stand up in ecstasy, I sighed in fright, running my hand over my face and hair, looking around me, my alarm clock indicated that it was already 07:38. I heard another scream again. from the floor again, recognizing that it was my mother, I was late, we were going to move, not very far, it was just because my mother is a woman.. very paranoid. She thinks it would be better if we go a little further away from a forest near where we live which has been causing a lot of distrust in this small town, luckily I had taken a shower last night, I shouted back. - "Wait just a minute!" - I was wearing just a bra and donut print shorts, I grabbed a sweater that my best friend Arthur had given me, I wondered if I would put on other shorts, but the sweater hid it, so I didn't care, I sat on the old bed to put my two penguin print socks on, and two black casual shoes, I picked up my prescription glasses that were on my coffee table and placed them carefully on my eyes, I got up from the bed and looked at myself in the mirror, I I sighed at my worn appearance, I ran my hand through my wavy curly hair, I realized that my roots were already showing, showing that the red dye was already coming out, I brought my face closer to the mirror, running my fingers over my slightly freckled cheeks, and then my bags under my eyes, my obsidian brown eyes taking in my appearance, I banged my head against the mirror scared as I heard another scream from my mother, I rolled my eyes as I noticed that my forehead was now reddened from the blow, irritated I went to the door just to go back again and get my bags, it consisted of two medium suitcases and a bag for my notebook, notebook, well.. personal things! With difficulty I opened the door with my elbow and started going down the stairs, I hated these stairs, I tripped almost every time, proud to notice that I hadn't tripped even once, I smiled showing my dimple, my mother was leaning against the counter. kitchen waiting for me, my father outside, my irritated father practically scratched himself with my delay. - "My God.. you know how your father is, I told you to set the alarm clock!" - Your mother complained, taking one of her bags and walking towards the exit, I sighed. - "I did it, I swear! I even made him wake me up 10 minutes earlier!" - I tried to respond and justify walking next to her with my luggage. - "Are you sure you didn't put in 10 minutes more instead of 10 minutes earlier?" - She mocked with a sigh, putting the suitcase inside the truck with difficulty, I put my suitcase next to the other one, but I left my bag next to me because I had more personal things, plus I was afraid of leaving my notebook alone. and it breaks down, I wouldn't doubt it if it broke down suddenly, I don't doubt anything else in this city. - "So you're already humiliating me, I'm not that short-sighted, mom.." - Speaking like that, I adjusted my glasses with a sigh. My mother got into the car, my father was already in the driver's seat looking irritably at the rear view mirror, he sighed irritably and frowned. - "Next time I'll leave you two" - I knew he said that just because he was angry, but I still felt a touch of truth in his words, I laughed pretending to consider it a joke and sat in the back seat, I looked at my mother, she seemed to be reading a book, she smiled at me and turned her eyes to the book, interested I leaned closer to her to see what it was, it was a bible, my mother was very focused on these religious things , I no longer knew anything and didn't even plan to know, but I still felt a certain curiosity about it all. I spent so long eavesdropping that I didn't notice our car already moving, following the moving truck, I sighed, my mother finally looked at me through her peripheral vision, upon noticing my boredom she asked. - "Do you.. want to read?" - I forced a smile and shook my head refusing, I crawled closer to the window and watched the houses passing by with a bored look, I turned my gaze to the rear view mirror, seeing my father, he had darker skin, short hair and gray-haired, with greenish blue eyes, wearing a red dress shirt, and black shorts with black sneakers, my mother already had previously curly brown hair now straightened with highlights, dark brown eyes and freckles adorning her cheeks, wearing a navy blue shirt and jeans and dress shoes. Maybe if I... close my eyes for a little while... time will pass faster...