Preface

“Hello Welcome to The Garnet! What can I help you with today!?” I smile and welcome the customer in an overly cheery voice. It was almost time for me to clock out and it never comes any faster than fucking slow.

    “hi, I would like a vanilla latte with an extra shot of espresso.” the girl said with the prettiest smile, and I couldn't help but to take her in for a few seconds. She had beautiful brown skin and dark brown eyes that you could almost see the sparkle in. She had her locs in an up-down hairstyle along with a tye dye bandana placed perfectly around her head like a headband. she was…gorgeous.

    “coming right up-” I say before quickly turning away and walking as fast as possible to the coffee stations. I am so horribly bad at flirting with girls it's embarrassing. I started the process of making her coffee and refused to let the embarrassment sink in. After I finish her coffee and hand it off to the cashier for her to pay and get her drink. I checked the time on my phone to see that it was 15 minutes past when I was supposed to be clocking out.

    “Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit” I say scrambling around to grab all of my things. I guess I should have been paying more attention because I ran straight into my relief “fuck, I'm so sorry!!!” I shout and try to look as apologetic as possible as I run out of the back door. All I can see before the door closes is my relief rolling his eyes.

    I chuckle at my relief annoyance and start the walk to my car. My car was literally my most prized possession it was a beautiful pink Cadillac with darker pink accents, it was my dream car and I practically died working myself to death to be able to afford it, but here we are and she’s alllll mine.

    “About time, I started to think they were holding you hostage there, but then again I know they wouldn't wanna put up with your annoying ass that long” Cyrus, my best friend chuckles. His blue hair was always a contrast to my pink everything and I loved it. “Cyrus. I will lock you in the pantry tonight if you keep up.” My other best friend Luna threatened him.  I couldn't help myself from laughing at their shenanigans.

    I met Luna several years ago at my coffee shop, she had come in to order some coffee and asked for the best places to take pictures, and something about her had just stuck out to me. She offered me her phone number and we started talking and we learned we had a lot in common, not long after did we become inseparable. A couple years after I met her, I ended up meeting my other best friend, Cyrus. Me and Cyrus became friends through work, since he was an actor and I was an actress, we ended up working on the same small project and we were friends ever since, eventually I introduced the two and they instantly connected, they tried to hide their attraction to each other but in the end, they couldn't hide it and started dating a couple of years ago.

    I roll my eyes at the two and unlock my car letting them in, Luna getting in the passenger and Cyrus in the back seat. I started the car and started on our trip to my apartment. It wasn't that far away from The Garnet so it didn't take long for us to be pulling into the parking lot of my apartment complex.

    Luna practically jumped out of the car and ran to my apartment, i guess she was excited to be here, or maybe she just had some kind of sick tourture planed for me, but she just ended up getting impatient when she couldn't get in without my key and just had to stand there and wait for me and Cyrus.

    After we got into my apartment my cat immediately came running up to me. My cat is a fluffy orange and white cat named Archer, and he is the cutest little baby. I immediately pick him up and sit on the couch and pet him. “Where are we planning on going tonight?” I asked them knowing I remembered Luna saying something about going out tonight.

    “so don't kill me…but I think we should go to this one club where a lot of the gay girls club…” Luna says cautiously “Luna! You know how I f-” I start to say “I know, I know! But just hear me out it's been a while since you've gotten a good lay, and let's be honest men aren't really that good of a lay, no offense Cyrus.” She says slightly glancing at Cyrus but he knows she's not wrong, men are bad lays. I learned that a while ago back in high school.

    I sigh knowing that I can't fight her about it when I, myself, know she's right. “Fine but as long as you go pretty much everywhere with me as a wing woman” I smile at her as she nods in agreement. Cyrus starts to make himself at home on my couch, turning on the TV to watch one of his favorite shows no doubt.

    Meanwhile Luna and I make our way to my bedroom to start getting ready for the night out, part of me is anxious but the other part of me is excited at the thought of dancing and drinking the night away. It sounded better than laying in my bed all night scrolling through my phone wishing I was somewhere partying and drinking all night long.

    Luna starts to look around in her backpack she was carrying to find her outfit for tonight, while I began to search through my closet to find something to wear. As I was searching my eyes landed on the dress I never got the chance to wear. It was given to me as a gift a while ago now by someone I used to be close with, I never felt a chance was proper to wear it…but now, something about it just feels right. I grab the hanger it hangs on and pray that it still fits as I slip it off the hanger and lay it on my bed.

    I strip out of my work attire that consists of a black tank top and a black skirt that goes to my knees, I have an apron too but I usually take that off and leave that at work. Why did they have us wear tank tops and skirts, who knows, and if someone does I don't think I want to know. I put some lingerie I had in my drawer on. Just in case something does end up happening tonight. I look at myself in the mirror across from my bed to make sure I look okay, I do a quick scan and I wonder to myself if I'll ever look okay to myself. So instead of letting that stop me I continued to get ready putting on my pink satin slip dress with lace detailed on the breasts, it was riskingly short but nothing too terribly revealing, just enough to keep you guessing.

    I take a quick glance at Luna who I see is already doing her makeup, she looks beautiful in a long dark green satin dress with a slit up the side of the leg and button detailing all the way up her stomach. She looked nothing but simply beautiful. She had this natural beauty about her, something that made her stand out in any room and make anyone stop and take in her beauty for a second, in a way I envy’d her but I knew she had just as many problems as I did.

    I grabbed the supplies I needed to do my makeup and decided on a natural pink sparkle on the lid and hot pink eyeliner along with light silver in the crease and under eyes, I did a light pink lipstick on my lip and added clear glittery lipgloss. At this point Luna was already done with her outfit and her makeup was everything that mine wasn't. Her makeup had holographic green eyeshadow in the corners of her eyes and brown eyeliner with jewels on each side of her eyes. Her lips were filled with a darker nude pink that made her lips look like what every girl would kill to have. What I would kill to have. Her high heels made her seem even taller than she already is and she had a very sophisticated look with the sandal like stilettos that were emerald green.

    I searched in my closet for some high heels and I found the perfect pair of pink platforms to match my outfit. That was very much a god's blessing. I giggle a little at my joke out loud and that gets the attention of Luna where she raises her eyebrow at me. “What are you giggling at ma’am?” I giggle a little more and then I suggest we get going, dismissing the subject. We say our goodbyes to Cyrus, where I practically have to pry Luna away from him, and then we get into my car and make our way to the club she has picked out for the night.

~11/05/23 XOXO