𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

Angst time chat, this story is too cute :3
_____

Neuvillette sat up, grabbing his chest. A tear fell down his face. He starts to cry and hyperventilate.

'Breath.. breath' He reminds himself

His cat walks over and rubs her head against his chest, then stretching up to lick his tears.

He smiles softly, still crying.He pets her softly. "You remind me of her." He mumbles, kissing the cat's forehead.

Neuvillette had a bad past. When he was little, his father was abusive to his mother and him. He always tried standing up to his father but got hurt more when he did.

But... this memory was specific.

He looks down at his hand. Nothing.

The truth is that his father went insane one day and grabbed a knife, stabbing Neuvillette and then his mother. He tried crawling over but passed out right at her feet.

The last thing he remembered that night was being awake for a brief few minutes, with lights and sirens outside his house.

His mother didn't survive, and his father went to jail for life. When he thinks about the jail, he tries to forget it all, but it's hard.

Neuvillette gets up and walks to his bathroom, wiping his tears. He washes his face with cold water.

He looks outside. Rain, hard rain.

(Yes, he IS a dragon in this AU. :3)

A knocking at the door.
He walks out of his room and opens the door, seeing Furina.

She quickly hugs him.

"Hydro dragon, Hydro dragon.. don't cry," she says.

He hugs her back, crying harder.

"Shh.."
His mother always said that when he cried.

"Was it another one of those dreams?"

"Yeah," he says, sniffling.

(I actually act out the emotions I'm righting down so I can get this shit from my heart.)

Furina hugs him tightly. "It's ok.."He wipes his tears and breathes out.

"How'd you know?"

"Neuvi.. you told me years ago."

"You remembered?"

"Why wouldn't I? I always want to be here when you're sad," she says softly, wiping his tears.

"Go sit; I'll get you some water."

Neuvillette nods and lets go of Furina to go sit on his couch, pulling his legs up to his chest. Getting on his phone.

"Work was cancelled because of the rain," Wriothesley texted.

"Yeah.. how are you?"