Chapter 27: Lucius

I groggily rub my eyes, my sleepiness making it a challenge to shift to my side. Just as I attempt to move, a firm hand pulls me right back to where I was. Cierien cradles my head against his chest, while Wrath lies behind me, his arms securely holding me in place. I didn't let anything go too far last night, except for a few stolen kisses here and there. I was content with leaving it at that, but the stickiness between my thighs tells me that Cierien was not.

I pull my oversized shirt up, noting the shorts I wore to bed were now long gone, leaving me in dainty panties that don't leave much for the imagination. I cringe, slipping out of their grasp, and silently tiptoe to the bathroom. I grab a clean rag, wetting it, and discreetly tend to cleaning myself up. I don't feel sore, so at least I know he didn't take me in my sleep; not that I'd have a problem with it. But by the copious amount of cum splattered on my thighs, I can tell that he definitely did something.

Fuck, was Wrath there too?

Wrath hadn't joined us in bed when Cierien and I went up. I'm slightly irked, slightly aroused. I wonder if Wrath was aware; he must have heard Cierien. Does he always listen when Cierien sneaks into my room late at night? Is he jealous of that too? Images of him sitting outside the door as Cierien plays with me spring to mind, his cock in his hand as he jerks himself to the sounds.

Would Cierien let him watch? Or maybe it was both of them who used the image of me peacefully asleep in bed to get themselves over the edge. My cheeks redden at my thoughts. I fix my gaze upon my reflection and the now soiled rag, scrunching my nose in self-reproach and giving my cheek a gentle, chiding smack. With that, I toss the rag into the hamper and quietly sneak out of the room.

A warm smile spreads across my face at the sight of them cozying up to each other beneath the oversized, plush blanket. Very gently, I close the door, leaving just a hint of it cracked. I want to wake them with tea.

I take a few steps down the hallway, but my thoughts are momentarily captured by my childhood bedroom at the end of the corridor. I know that sooner or later, I need to go in there. My therapist, whom I've been blowing off entirely, would undoubtedly suggest that confronting my fears is a step toward healing. However, the last time I confronted my fears, it concluded in the discovery of vampires- in my basement.

But surely, whatever awaits me in my old room can't be anything in comparison to that. At worst, I might shed a few tears or, heaven forbid, have a full-blown breakdown. Unless, of course, I stumble upon another vampire. Perhaps I'll find one beneath my bed this time.

That would be just my luck.

With a small laugh, I rid myself of these thoughts, not wanting to jinx myself. If I ever want to redo this room and transform it into something else, I'll have to get this part over with. My phone buzzes, pulling me back to the present moment.

Sophie: I never told you how slick you were for slipping that money into my pocket.

Me: Did you use it?

Sophie: ...maybe

A giggle escapes me at the exchange, and I find myself feeling slightly lighter as I continue toward the door. My hand grips the doorknob, and I quietly push the door open with apprehension. Just as before, the walls are bare, devoid of any traces of my younger self. The bed remains unchanged, the soft white duvet neatly laid out.

Taking a seat on the little bed, I run my hands over the pillows, smoothing out any creases. There's nothing frightening about this room; it was my safe place as a child. I can't fathom why I've been so anxious about revisiting it; it's no scarier than the rest of the house. Just as I'm deep in thought, the pillow shifts and I notice a slip of white peeking out beneath. I reach for it, but before I can grasp it, Cierien's voice breaks through the silence, calling out, "Birdy? Where have you gone, little bird?"