Chapter 1

Kira stares out of the window of the taxi as she is being driven to live with her rich uncle.  An uncle who also happens to be the headmaster of the Mage's College out in the middle of nowhere.  Ever since her parents died in the house fire that nearly claimed her as well; she's been passed around from family member to family member.  However due to who she is, or more specifically what she is, no one wanted her around.  Her uncle being her last hope of any sort of "normal" life.

Kira shifts slightly in her seat, nervous about meeting her uncle.  And also because she's uncomfortable, because due to being an orc, she's extremely tall.  Standing at 6'10 she towered over most people.  She wouldn't have it any other way either, enjoying being taller than everyone else.

Kira had never seen magic be performed before so she has no idea what to expect while she's here.  However she is very excited to learn, having heard that it's rare that orcs learned magic.  Her uncle having been the last orc to learn magic.  Anyone can learn magic, it just comes more naturally to some than others.  Orcs being some of the least inclined to know magic.  Which is why there have been so few orc wizards over the centuries.

Eventually they pull up to the school, Kira exiting the taxi with some difficulty.  It would have been easier and probably cheaper to take a horse and carriage.   She thinks to herself as she grabs her bags from the trunk.  After closing the trunk she picks up her bags and walks towards the large oak wooden doors.

As she gets closer to the door she can see someone is standing there.  The figure being a female gnome with purple hair.  She is holding a sign that says Kira's name, she clearly the person who is going to be showing her around. 

The irony that someone that short is going to be showing me, a 6'10 orc around.  She muses as she walks up to the gnome.  The gnome looks up at her. "I'm guessing you're Kira then?" The gnome asks, looking up at Kira, having to tilt her head back pretty far to see her face.

"Yes, I'm Kira, it's nice to meet you miss." Kira replies.  "Mind if I ask for your name as well, since you will be my guide?" The gnome smiles. "My name is Ellywick but everyone calls me Elly, welcome to Krasronia, Academy Of The Arcane." The now named gnome says as she leads Kira into the school.