Traitor

"Argh...almost...done," said a faint female voice in the darkness. There was hardly any light around her; most of her body was covered by her black hooded outfit. She was sitting awkwardly on her legs, unable to sit properly due to the chains gripping her limbs, including her hands, which she was trying to write with.

She had an open book in front of her. She struggled to write with the added weight on her hand and without a pencil. Her right index finger was covered in her blood and acted as her ink to write her thoughts.

"This is the only way to prevent this result," she thought. The words were a deep red and beginning to shine.

"Here I write, a new history, a new past, hoping that this will prevent this hell and create a different future," she thought, her fingers trembling as the chains around her throat tightened.

"Arghh," she grunted in pain, feeling less oxygen entering her lungs. Her hands were beginning to tremble, feeling the chains dig into her wrists.

However, she didn't let that stop her fingers from moving.

"These are my final words... two paths will become one and bring forth a new future filled with light."

The sentence finished with a period. Every sentence she wrote started glowing in red. The book ripped apart, and the pages began flying through the darkness, swirling in every direction. The head of the hooded female went limp.

The pages began swirling like a tornado, growing in size into a vortex-like hole. A few pages broke through the darkness and started floating in the night skies, breaking into smaller pieces.

In a hidden chamber, a window was left open, causing some wind to enter and move a few pages on a desk in the chamber.

On the desk, there were a few folders and two visible sheets of paper with information and faces. One had bold yellow hair, and the other had scarlet red hair.

Underneath the faces were the words 'deceased,' but then pieces of paper that fell from the sky covered the word, changing it to 'MIA.'

A pair of deep blue eyes opened in the middle of the night, feeling a chill going up his back. Naruto had been woken up by the wind coming in through the window he had left open on the side of his bed.

"Jeez, I thought I had this closed," Naruto said with a tired expression and reached over to the window and closed it shut, then went back to sleep.

Everyone in the village was fast asleep, so they didn't witness the moon flashing crimson for a second until it became its normal colour.

In the North of the village, within the Land of Earth, a tall tower became visible.

OOO

It was morning and there were two members of the Akatsuki walking far west of the land of wind.

"Damn...I need water...so dry" Sugietsu states feeling drained of energy with his back arched forward and tongue out.

He was walking behind Sasuke, who was leading this mission, that he was not briefed on. Sugietsu wouldn't have tagged along if it involved walking on hot sand. He can feel his body melt, literally. He gave an ugly glare behind Sasuke's neck.

"Hey Sasuke, mind telling me now, why we are even here...what did Madara ask you to do to make us travel so far deep in this hot hell," Sugietsu said with an annoyed expression.

"It should be safe now," Sasuke spoke, stopping and looking back behind him. "We shouldn't have been followed. I wasn't given orders from Madara"

"What!?" Sugiestu said in shock with a tick mark on the side of his forehead. "So why the hell are we here!?"