Prologue

A/n:
A/n - autors note
Y/N - your name
Y/S - your surname
f/c - favorite color

••••••••••••••

A 15 years old girl was walking behind her dad.

- Hey, it is already the time! PLEASE, I want to help people! - She said very nervous. - I'm training from when I remember! I'm sure I'm ready. Dad..

- Can't you understand if you die now, you won't be able to protect anyone in any way? - He answered calmly, he's face unreadable behind the mask.

- Daddy, I know I am already ready. Haven't I been getting better all the time? From when I was a kid? Even any of the hashiras hasn't been training from when they were 5, and you exactly know it! - She groaned disappointed when her father had just turned his head to her. She looked at him with begging eyes. He long sighned.

- There's no way. You can learn how to fight and use katana, but until you're under my roof, you will not go. Besides, remember? - He mumbled. Her eyes got wide open from shock. She then saddly smiled and hugged her dad.

- Yeah, yeah, I remember. Never risk your live. Guess I will just wait then, for you to change your mind. I love you. - She laughed sadly and ran away.

- I love you too. - He whisper looking at his daughter.
' If only I didn't love you that much, I would have let you go a long ago. But.. I'm scared. '

~~~~~~~~~

The young woman could be seen larruping the tree like a punch bag, around her is a few of ones that she had tripped over and then taken to her house for the fireplace.

She's not mad, she is furious.

A lil of blood is coming from her hands, she looks at them and small sad smirk appears on her face.

' I can be better than that. '

She starts hurting the tree again, this time with more strength.

' I have to be better. I am not a weak kid anymore. I want to protect people and.. and if he's not gonna.. I will, I will avenge her. '

The look of that damn demon appears in front her eyes again. She grit her teeths.

~~~~~~~

It's already night. Y/N have just woke up from her sleep. When she sees that it's dark, she realize that she had again woke up at the midnight.

She quietly stand up and dress in some pants, beautiful f/c haori and getas (a/n: japanese shoes).

Then she had kneeled down and looked under the door to see if her papa is asleep. When she sees something is in the futon, that means that have to be her dad, she stand up.

She took a piece of paper and write down a letter for him.

"Dear Father,
I'm sorry I'm doing this, but you're not gonna let me go to the final selection no matter how good I am or will be. I don't want to leave you, but you leave me no choice. I don't want to stand and do nothing knowing that people are dying and suffering somewhere now. So.. goodbye then. I hope you forgive me.

With love, Y/N"

Y/N left the letter on her futon, took out katana from the stand and without a sound, approaches the window and slowly opens it.

She then stands quietly to check if her papa had awoken. When she still hears nothing she smiles.

' It feels awesome.. ' Girl thought to herself.

She goes out the window and close it down. She then happily went into the forest, leaving the mountain that she lived all her live behind.

' I'm sorry papa, but you will never change your mind and I know it. It's time to start a new life. Alone. '

And with that thought she left her home. Y/N Sakonji, from now on - Y/N Y/S.

~~~~~~~~~

08.11.2023