18 ; i've missed you, micky

Susie greeted me as soon as I got off the small private jet. She pulled me into her warm arms and stroked my back.

"I was so worried about you, Tilly," She sighed, pulling me closer into her loving arms. I returned her sigh, hugging her just as tightly as she hugged me. "How are you, my darling?"

She looked at me motherly and put her warm hands on my cheeks.

"Better." Exhausted, I put on a smile.

I immediately felt better around my family. My mother's warmth and love made me feel better straight away and only now did I really realize how much I had actually missed her.

"Tilly!" No sooner had I heard the cries of my childhood best friend than I was almost swept off my feet from the side. Mick hugged me so impetuously that I almost fell over, but I returned his impetuous embrace with a laugh.

"Micky." I sighed contentedly, pulling the blonde Schumacher into the family hug.

I had missed them all so much.

"Where's Dad?" I murmured into my mother's shoulder, breathing in her sweet scent deeply.

"He had to go to work. I'm sorry, sweetheart." I smiled reassuringly at the blonde woman, who, like me, was two heads shorter than the young man and totally lost between Mick.

"No, it's okay. It's probably better this way."

I tried to enjoy the moment, but it was really chilly and I had clearly dressed wrong for it.

"Let's go home." Mick suggested, for which I looked at him gratefully. "It's getting late." He kept his warm arms wrapped around me as he led me towards the car —

As if my eyesight was impaired, which was complete nonsense.

I sat down in the passenger seat and Mick quickly got into the back seat as the paparazzi had slowly noticed us and were busy snapping photos. I didn't look good at all and didn't want the net to see me like this.

My cell phone brought me out of my thoughts so suddenly that I flinched, startled.

George's number appeared on the screen and I took a deep breath before answering the call.

"Tilly? Did you get home?" His voice sounded worried, as if he hadn't heard from me for days —

But it was actually only a few hours.

"Yes, Susie is driving me home right now." My voice came out much more broken than I would have liked, but the last few days had frayed my nerves and I had no strength left to be brave.

"Very good. Will you let us know as soon as you get home? Karen is really worried about you." George was quiet because his girlfriend must have fallen asleep by now. She'd been looking after me the whole time for the last few days and it had frayed her nerves more than she wanted to admit.

"Of course I will. See you later, Georgie." I could hear him giggling on the other end of the line —

Because he'd actually hated his nickname ever since we'd watched IT.

Which of course didn't stop me from using it anyway.

Exhausted, I dropped the phone on my lap with my hands and put my head back.

Being back in Monaco was so overwhelming and beautiful at the same time. The city lit up in its brightest colors and shone before us as we drove into the city center.

I had assumed that my family was still in Austria, but I was probably very wrong.

Susie had work connections where she could decide whether she wanted to work here in Monaco or in Austria.

The traffic here was absolutely unbearable and on the way to our apartment my mother almost lost it five times, but then we still managed to arrive unscathed.

Halfway.

Because Mick had got a headache from Susie's screaming.

Nevertheless, he stayed with me when I went into my room and we all went our separate ways. He slowly closed the door, threw himself down next to me on the soft bed and deliberately made me laugh.

"I've missed you, Micky."

A bright smile stole onto his lips, the one I loved so much about him.

Mick was so infinitely good, had such a big heart and I loved him with everything I had.

"I've missed you too, Tilly." He nudged my nose with his index finger and made me laugh again.

He made me really happy. I could be more open with him than with anyone else.

The young Schumacher gently placed a kiss on my forehead and grinned ear to ear as he pulled away from me again.

Our friendship was absolutely pure and I loved it more than anything.

It was an important part of my life and I never wanted to live without it again.

My cell phone brought us both out of our thoughts and confused, I glanced at the screen, looking at Lewis' angry messages.

I immediately opened Safari and faltered when I typed my name into the search bar.

Pictures of me immediately stood out. I didn't look healthy at all and I immediately realized that these pictures must have been taken at the airport today.

FAMILY DRAMA! What's really behind Matilda Wolff's disappearance | PICTURE

Where has Matilda Wolff been for the last two weeks? | PROMIFLASH

Pregnant after vacation? Who is the father? | PINK

How Max Verstappen's ex-girlfriend is doing three months after their break-up! | DRAMA

LOVE DRAMA! Matilda Wolff spotted with Mick Schumacher. Is there more to it than friendship? | NEWSLETTER

Upset, Mick took the cell phone out of my hand and switched it off, took me in his arms when he noticed how upset I suddenly was.

"Don't read that." Mick shook his head gently as he ran his long fingers through my hair.

I sighed heavily.