Chapter 1: Useless

(Y/N) - Your Name
(H/C) - Hair Color
(E/C) - Eyes Color
(Y/F/N) - Your Full Name
(S/C) - Skin Color
(F/F) -Favorite Flavor/Favorite Food

TW: Panic Attack 
.
.
.

Wind slapped across (Y/N)'s face as they walked out of the crowded crime scene. They had just concluded another intriguing case, one that had kept them on the edge of their seat for weeks.

(Y/N)‘s heavy trench coat brushed against their legs as they made their way to their vintage car. The wind howled through the narrow streets, carrying the faint scent of rain with it. The city was a labyrinth of towering buildings and hidden secrets, but (Y/N) was always one step ahead of the game.

They had always been a dedicated FBI agent, known for their sharp instincts and keen attention to detail. They were highly respected amongst their colleagues, and had an impeccable record of solving complex cases. However, there was one thing that had started to become a burden for them - their shoulder injury.

It all began during a high-stakes mission a few years ago. (Y/N) had been pursuing a notorious criminal, who was known for his cunning and agility. In an intense encounter, (Y/N) had taken a tumble, injuring their shoulder in the process. At the time, it seemed like a minor injury, but little did they know that it would become a permanent obstacle in their career.

Initially, (Y/N) tried to downplay the issue, keeping the pain hidden from their fellow agents. But as time went on, the pain intensified, making it increasingly difficult for them to perform certain tasks. Their once steady aim became unsteady, and any pressure on their shoulder caused him to wince in agony.

Obviously word of (Y/N)'s struggle reached their supervisor, Jack Crawford, who had been their closest ally since they first joined the FBI Academy together. Jack knew that (Y/N) was not an incapable agent, but he also understood the seriousness of the situation. He didn't want to let (Y/N) go, as he knew the value of his skills and experience, but he also had to prioritize everyone's safety.

As soon as they were done with the investigation. Jack called them into his office. They drove to the FBI headquarter immediately. The room was filled with photographs of past cases (Y/N) worked on, reminding them of the countless times when they were useful, not burdening anyone. 

"(Y/N)," Jack began, his voice filled with concern, "I can see how much you are struggling with your injury. Your dedication to your job is unquestionable, but we need to address this issue."

(Y/N) clenched his fists, frustrated that their injury was now jeopardizing their career. "I don't want to let go of the job I love, Jack... Is there anything we can do?"

Jack leaned backwards to his chair, his eyes filled with concerned. "I told you to take a break and you declined it. Now look at you. Are you sure you still want to be in this goddamn team? You can quit while you still can. I don't want you to be dead the ne-"

"No, I still want to work. It's just a shoulder. I can still shoot. " argued (Y/N). 

"Alright, fine... but don't say that I didn't warn you." Jack sighed, knowing how stubborn (Y/N) can be. 

After meeting with Jack, (Y/N) stepped into their car. Parked just a stone's throw away from the imposing FBI headquarters, their mind began to wander. They thought about Jack suggestion. (Y/N) found themselves gripping the car sterling. The weight of their thoughts bore down on them, making it hard to breathe. After a heated discussion with Jack about his recent condition, (Y/N) was left questioning their future as an FBI agent.

Their mind jumbled with conflicting thoughts and emotions. The panic attack loomed, threatening to engulf them in its suffocating grip. Sweat trailed down their temples as the grip on the steering wheel tighten, their knuckles turning white.