Chapter 12: Home and Inspiration

The penthouse was quiet, Marinette walked through her bedroom door calling out for Adrien. Silence was all that answered her. Shrugging she moved over to the kitchen to make breakfast when out of the corner of her eye she saw a glimmer from the sun hitting the counter. Marinette wandered over to determine the cause finding a thick navy blue, metal card. Picking it up to look it over, it was heavy, much thicker than a normal credit card. Laying it down the counter, she picked up the paper that had been laying under the card.

Little Mouse,

I have left for work. I will be home for dinner and we can discuss more about last night, I apologize for the abruptness of my actions. For that I have left you the card, you can so out into the city today if you wish; however, you must utilize my driver, Gerard, to ensure your safety. He knows he is at your beck and call. The card is for a bank account linked to your pay as well as additional funds you may use should need them. It also allows you access back into the Penthouse and to pay Gerard (you can call him Gorilla, you will see why when you meet him,) anyway if you decide to go out, please text me. My number in is the cellphone. Keep me updated on your status. I will see you tonight. Enjoy your day little mouse.

~Adrien

Humming to herself and picking the card back up, feeling the weight again as she walked to her room to dress. If she was allowed to leave, she would take this opportunity to go back to her home and explain everything to her parents. She knew they must be worried. Maybe she could buy a phone for them with the card Adrien gave her beforehand. It was 9:45 in the morning, so she had until 5:00 to get something to eat, pick up a phone, and visit her parents. She quickly dressed, grabbed her black bag with Princess written across it in lime green with paw prints, it was cute! Slipping the card and phone inside she entered the elevator bouncing in excitement for her plans for the day.

Exiting the elevator and entering the lobby, Marinette walked to the entrance and pulling out the cellphone, texting Adrien that she was going out and to look for Gorilla's number. "Hello, Miss?" Her head shooting up to see a tall, lean man with black hair and teal ends in a doorman suit looking her way. "Yeah?" "Is there something I can help you with, miss? You look like you aren't sure where you are. Do you need a ride?" Biting her lower lip, she looked back at the phone finding that the driver's number wasn't listed. "Actually, yeah, that would be great. Do you know how to get ahold of Mr. Agreste's driver Gerard?" she questioned. "Sure, just a moment," he said picking up the phone at his stand. Looking back up at Marinette as he hung up the phone, "he is on his way... umm my names Luka, Luka Coffaine. You are new here, obviously the permanent for Mr. Agreste," she mentioned looking her from head to toe slowly. Eyes meeting hers again, a blue almost matching the tips of his hair looked back at her. "Yep. I... I'm Ma Ma...Marinette Dupain-Cheng," she stuttered a bit after the eyeballing he gave her. Its nice to meet you Luka, I just started moved in a few days ago." "Well... its nice to meet you too Ma Ma Marinette," Luka chuckled as Marinettes cheeks turned pink. "Sorry I'm new to all this, I've never lived or really seen anything like this," she motioned around. "It's a lot of change," she mentioned as a sleek, black town car rolled up to the front of the building. "Your ride is his Miss. Do you have your card with you, you will need it for the ride?" Luka asked as he opened the door for her. "Yes, thank you Luka, its right here," she pulled it from her bag showing it off. "Wow. A blue card and a steel one at that, those are unlimited. How did you get that?" shocked as he was. "I don't know, is it special or something? Adrien just left it for me," she shrugged, sitting in the car and handing it to the driver who scanned it for the ride. "Well it was nice meeting you Luka, see you sometime soon," Marinette turned to the giant man in the front seat of the town car, she hadn't really paid attention to his size before, but he was huge. Not only huge, he was burly, he held a giant frown on his face, and only grunted when requested to go somewhere with good breakfast foods. Not sure where she would end up Marinette just went with the flow, waving good-bye to Luka and ready to enjoy her day out.