Chapter 1

Asante 

Today is like no other day I am home getting ready to go to school I currently live with my mom she and my dad split back in 2014 I was about ten or just turning ten like I was happy that my parents were together but it went downhill when they split it kinda effected me in a way like I was that little gurl who wanted her parents to be married but yeah it did not happen.

" Asante Haynes I hope your getting ready for school little gurl I am not playing with you or I will call your daddy for you " said mom.

" Mommy I'm up and your always saying your gonna call daddy for me " I said I hate when she does that cause he would warn me and everything like he would say don't make me not buy any christmas gifts for you or your not gonna have a birthday party.

Daddy❤️: Hurry u get dress for school and listen to your mom

Me: I am getting ready daddy 

She still messaged my daddy ugh I hate when she does that and I hate that I am split between two houses ugh some days I will be with my daddy when ever he comes down but my holidays are split between both parents.

her outfit minus the nails 

Once I was dressed I packed my bag placed my jewelry on and my shoes I grabbed my phone and everything I made sure I had everything then I went downstairs.

" Gurl who you get that from taking a long time to get ready anyways this weekend your going to your daddy and then you will be back Sunday in time for school ok " said mom.

My weekends are split between both parents one weekend I would be by my dad then the next weekend is spent with my mom I also attend a private charter school that works well with my mom and dad schedule so yeah.

" Mommy I get it from you cause you take a long time to get ready and ok and my vocal coach said that I am doing good " I said.

" Look how you pulling shade and that is great baby you know you talented right and you get it from both me and your dad ok and I know you wanted me and him to still be together I know it's not easy ok my princess" said mom.

Mom placed my breakfast  in front of me and I started to eat and yes it is hard when both parents aren't together but also it can affect you sometimes causing you to act out and honestly that is me I tend to act out a lot of times and when I do so I get a whooping from my dad my mom she scolds me and then she is on the phone with my dad telling him what I do.

" It's not because sometimes when I am at school I see plenty girls my age getting picked up from their dad and it makes me jealous cs he is all the way in Missouri while I'm in LA so yeah I sometimes get mad mommy " I said.

Sometimes I feel like it isn't fair but that is how life is sometimes I really wish my mom and dad was back together.

****

Location: School

I was now at school by my locker with Azariah and Tiana and Kiana they are my besties we were friends from diaper days so yeah my mom and Azariah mom are best friends and then Tiana and Kiana we all met in preschool.

" So what you doing this weekend you staying with your mom or are you going to your dad " said Azariah.

" I am going to my dad for the weekend I just wish they were together again anyways " I said getting mad when I think about not seeing my dad.

" You never might know they might rekindle their relationship soon gurl but who strict or worse cs you never told me this " said Azariah.

" My dad is worse like my mom she lets me do almost anything like I know when I turn fifteen which is like 2018 I want to get a piercing " I said.

" Oh wow well I can see you getting that piercing so who signature you forging  and when we going to do it when you fifteen ok " said Azariah.

We stood by the locker talking some more today is Thursday and on Fridays we normally don't have school so today my dad is getting me so we can go back to St Louis and yeah I will be with him from Friday until Sunday night when he brings me back.

"  My mommy own yall never saw my daddy aye cause Cornell Haynes Jr. aka Nelly he strict so I cannot forge his signature " I said.

***

Skipped to Afterschool

School was officially over and I am waiting for my mom to pick me up so she can carry me home so I can start packing my suitcase but when a car pulls up my dad gets out and he is looking for me yall I was with my mom last weekend so I haven't seen my dad in a while.

" Daddyyyyy I miss you " I said running to him he caught me and hugged me plus he kissed my forehead so he grabbed my bag and lead me to the car so I got in the passenger side and he got in the driver's side.

" I missed you too baby girl your mom already had your suitcase packed and everything so we are going straight to the airport ok " said dad.

" Ok daddy and did she pack my iPad and the charger " I said cs I love my iPad I got it for my birthday present last year and I've had it since.

" Yes she packed that in your backpack baby girl now we are on the way to the airport now ok and then I am bringing you back on Sunday " said dad.

****

Just a quick chapter 

In the next chapter she will spend time with her daddy it is just getting started yall.

Be sure to comment and vote

Island Gurl Out 🖤💙💛