HB (4)

Dipper was sitting down, mumbling to Mabel as both tried to theorise how to find a way back to the Living World. If they stayed there for too long, they might actually not be capable of getting out, and, the Ciphers, while they were human, still were reincarnated demons that ended up there after being erased or killed, then brought back to the human world by Axolotl on a promise he had made. They were not going to wait for reincarnation for them to get out of there.

The army did not train them for a situation like that, sadly.

"So we're just gonna stay still here doing nothing?" Robbie asked.

Dipper looked at him. "If you want to embrace death, go right ahead through that gate!"

"Okay, chill you two." Wendy intervened. "There is a way to go back without dying and reincarnating. If that thing out there found a way out, so can we."

Bill coughed, getting their attention. "Can somebody update us on what this place is about aside from your own personal Hell?"

"Technically, it's not Hell," Thompson said. "Hell is for humans."

"So it exists?"

"Not like you humans think of it, but—"

"Thompson, shut up." Tambry demanded. "You're not helping."

"Oh my gosh, we're dying." Will muttered as he sat on a stone.

"No, we're not!" Bill exclaimed. "We'll go back to the World of the Living — or whatever it's supposed to be called — very soon! Right, Pine Tree? Shooting Star?"

Mabel smiled. "Yeah! As soon as possible." she said. "But I think there's a rift open somewhere. I mean, how else would that creature escape Limbo?"

"Then we should hurry to find it." Dipper stood up. "Hopefully, some of our powers work in here — and if you see someone from the Living World here, don't be tricked."

"Why would people from the Living World appear here?" Lee asked.

"Because this place lives on your guilt." Mabel replied.

"And what about the residents from here?" Thompson asked. "They're. . . You know. . . Dead, and probably the worst things in existence?"

"Sounds about right." Dipper said. "Limbo does have a lot of divisions, and this one—"

"Very creepy, very eerie." Mabel finished for him. "Definitely where demons and other similar things end up."

Bill laughed. "Wonderful! We're stuck on the entities' version of Hell, where the worst of creatures reside with no power at all!" he clapped twice. "Just wonderful!"

"C'mon, kid, don't be so hopeless." Wendy said.

"Um, guys?" The Guardians and Bill looked at Will. He pointed up. "Does that look like a possible rift?"

The guardians followed his finger, eyes landing on a huge crevice made on the sky with purple sparkles on the opened edges. Mabel's smile grew. "Bingo!" she looked below the crevice. "Now where is—" her smile dropped. "That. . . Oh no."

"What?" Dipper looked at where she looked too. He gasped in a low voice with wide eyes. Crap.

Robbie and Wendy also turned to view with their friends. Everyone looked shocked and worried at viewing the building below the crevice. The Cipher twins looked at it too, feeling even more familiarity over it. But unlike the previous times, it wasn't Bill who felt the strongest connection, it was Will. The building was a large white castle with blue flags and a blue pyramid on top of it, with some writings on another language that they never have seen before — and no, that didn't match the one in the Journal. Bill tilted his head. "What's—"