Celeste

"When was the last time you saw her?" Sam asked as he poured a mug of coffee for himself

"When was the last time you saw her?" Sam asked as he poured a mug of coffee for himself. They were sitting in Bucky's empty apartment. He had finally pulled the trigger and bought a bed, a few dishes, and food but that was enough.

It was starting to feel too comfortable.

"Last week," Bucky said, flexing his metal fingers and rolling a cloth through them to polish the plates in a sad attempt to hide the blush on his cheeks as he thought about her long dark hair and pretty smile.

"You scrub those any harder and you're going to corrode them," Sam laughed. "Did you talk to her?" He asked.

"No," Bucky grumbled. "She's-"

"She's what?"

"Out of my league." He looked up finally and met Sam's glare. "How do I flirt with a woman? The last time I did that was-"

"It's kinda refreshing seeing the White Wolf sweat." Sam sipped on his coffee and stared at Bucky.

"You're not being helpful."

"So she's pretty?" He assumed, looking at Bucky over his mug.

"She's beautiful," I corrected him.

"Go to the bar, practice on some random women, and work that confidence back up man. The next time you see her at the grocery store you can put the moves on her," he suggested.

Bucky fixed Sam with a blank, unimpressed look - as if it was just that easy - and then blinked slowly before he groaned and ran his warm hand down his face.

"I never used to be like this y'know?"

Sam chuckled and placed his coffee mug down, his voice soft as he gave Bucky's arm a comforting squeeze.

"Yeah, I heard the stories. You got this though, man. You're Bucky Barnes."

He said it like it meant something and Bucky scrunched his, unconvinced. He hasn't felt like Bucky Barnes in decades.

Sam tilted his head.

"We could go out tonight."

"No," Bucky grumbled. "I'm busy."

He didn't want to practice on some random woman in a bar. He wanted to get it right. With her. She was stunning, and Bucky remembered clumsily dropping the orange he was holding when he spotted her in the produce section. He swore there was a halo around her, and that could have been the bad fluorescent lighting, but even she looked good in it.

"Busy polishing your arm, or busy polishing something else?" Sam giggled from behind his mug.

"Samuel..." Bucky warned. "Don't start with the jokes."

"That's my thing."

"Get a new one."

Sam raised his eyebrows and shrugged dramatically.