Tears of Shattered Emotions

Yesterday, Hikari's POV:

"Satoshi...singing?"

I thought to myself whilst Serena ran off to find Ash somewhere

"But..why? This is quite unusual of him, it's been months since I have seen him with that guitar."

I pondered in thought silently as I walked towards our usual meet-up spot after school, after waving goodbye to Haruka.

"Maybe I should ask him about it..."

I met Gary and started a small conversation, talking about the events that happened today and how he still hasn't found a girlfriend yet. A few minutes pass and Ash finally decides to appear, I can't help but notice how he is deep in thought and looks quite depressed.

"This is strange, I know he's always emotionless, but it's usually not this bad"

Gary called Ash over, and we hopped on the next train back home. The atmosphere was getting awkward since no one was saying anything, so I decided to break the ice and ask Ash a question.

"So...What were you talking to Serena about earlier?"

I instantly knew I triggered something because his face had a very surprised look. 

"Nothing much, I said I'll talk with her tomorrow after school at the café." He responded.

The first thing that came into my mind was how Ash was going on a date with Serena, but the realization came that he doesn't know anything about romance anymore. Nonetheless, I wanted to confirm my suspicion.

"W-wait, Satoshi, and Serena all alone in the café, does that mean...?" I Whispered to Gary

"No way..." 

"But why Serena? Is there something between the two of them?"

"Satoshi...Serena, how are they supposed to make a match?"

"Who knows, maybe the saying Opposites Attract is true I guess." 

Gary was about to respond, but Ash picked up on the fact that we probably weren't saying good things about him. Fortunately, we didn't have to start defending ourselves because the train arrived at Gary's station.

Ash then decided to taunt me using the "DeeDee" nickname, and I shouted at him in response. I then explained how I knew about their conversations under the cherry blossom tree.

___***___***___

On our way back, I noticed that Ash was staring at the stars uncontrollably. It's quite rare for him to stare at a scenery for this long, he is really acting off today.

"This is the perfect time to ask him about the singing, but I really don't think he's comfortable sharing about it?"

Instead, I simply said: "...It's a really pretty sight today, isn't it?"

"Mhm...yeah it is." Was his emotionless response.

As we walked home under the calm night sky, I fought the urge to ask him about the singing. I decided that I needed to test the waters a little because he was now looking down at the ground with his hands in his pockets.

"What is on your mind, Ash?"

I decided to use his Surname which he hated being called by. Normally he probably would've slapped me, but today he wasn't even startled.