Chapter 15: Raven's instincts

3RD POV

In the morning, Koyou left Vivian and Salem behind to visit the bear tribe and trade for goods. All he could think about was his precious wife, Vivian. Since he had discovered that she was pregnant with his cubs, he oddly felt happy every morning.

Koyou didn't know why, but it might be his excitement to become a father. He knows that most female pregnancies are around five months, and for his wife, there would be four months left until he meets his cubs.

"HEY!" A voice yelled.

At that moment, Koyou's happy thoughts disappeared. When he opened his eyes, he saw a familiar face right in front of him. It wasn't his dear wife waiting for him back home, but an elderly bear orc. The old orc shouted at him and waved his hand to get Koyou's attention.

Koyou snapped out, almost forgetting that he was actually in the market! Inside the black bear tribe near the western rock forest. He looked around, seeing the same old market. It was filled with all sorts of beastmen selling various goods.

He recalled that, while trading his emeralds for goods, his attention was drawn to a neatly folded blanket in the distance. The blanket was crafted from soft sheep's wool, and as he approached the stall with the blanket, its excellent quality became evident. Koyou could tell that the orc who made it had put a lot of effort into sewing it.

The bear orc running the stall had the blanket on a wooden table. It was stored in the shade closest to him. Koyou could tell that the vendor knew the blanket's quality and true value.

When he gazed at the blanket, he thought of Vivian because it would be a perfect gift for her. Not only did he think of his wife's smile once he gave it to her. But it was also incredibly soft and comfortable for his pregnant wife to sleep in.

" I can't sell it to you, someone has claimed it" The elderly bear orc said.

" What?! Who?" Koyou yelled to his surprise.

His blue eyes widened upon hearing that the blanket had already been claimed. Koyou clenched his fist, unable to believe what the bear vendor said. The blanket was perfect, and he really wanted it. He knew that each passing day his wife's belly grew, and it would be uncomfortable. Giving her the blanket might ease her body's aches and pains.

" I'll give you three emeralds!" Koyou shouted while holding up the glimmery green stone in his hand.

"Three?!"

The elderly vendor was shocked, hearing that this orc offered three emeralds! In the beastworld, a single emerald was highly valuable and difficult to obtain. Female orcs go crazy for any emerald they can get ahold of.

Whenever an orc obtains an emerald they are used as currency for trading or for benefits to one's health, strength, or appearance. Orcs know that the only way to get an emerald was from colossal or other demonic beasts. They are cruel, terrifying creatures that feast on any living creature. Most sometimes form in massive hordes or clusters.

"It's a de-"

As the elderly vendor was about to agree a loud "HEY" came coming their way. Both the orcs around the stall including Koyou and the vendor shifted their attention to the noise.

They saw another furious bear orc stomping its way towards the stall. It made the vendor quiver in fear, hiding behind his stall.

Once the orc finally reached the stall he roughly grabbed the blanket but the quivering vendor grabbed a hold of it.

"HHOW DARE YOU SCAM ME! LOOK AT MY FACE!" The furious bear orc yelled.

The vendor pretended to plead mercy even though he had scammed many naive orcs in the past. He never thought that it would backfire on him. The bear orc he had scammed had purple spots around his skin. The vendor couldn't help but roll his eyes.