Mission 1: Under Siege (Prologue)

Strike Force Heroes, along with its sequels and remaster, belongs to Sky9 Games, owned by Justin Goncalves and Mike Sleva.

Global Location: Unidentified island in the South Pacific Ocean.

Time: 4:47 am

Geographic location: Research Facility in the island's southern east

On an isolated island in the South Pacific, unknown to the world, towering palm trees sway gently in the warm breeze on the sandy shores. The clear blue waters embrace the coastline, inviting waves that crash and break on the beach.

The island's environment is thick with a large variety of colourful flora and emerald green foliage. Exotic birds can be heard throughout the trees, cawing in hopes of attracting mates, while animals scurry around the ground seeking food for themselves or their young. At the centre of the island lies a large extinct volcano, serving as the main centrepiece of the island.

Most people would believe that it's uninhabited by humanity. Raw, untouched, and untainted.

However, within the island's southern-east area and looking out of place is a large research facility. Which organisation does this facility belong to? It's unknown as of now.

Inside in one of the countless laboratory rooms, is where the story begins.

A man sits at a computer desk wearing a white protective uniform. He is typing a formula on the keyboard, and the light of the computer screen illuminates his white pompadour hair and aged skin on his face. The numbers and letters reflecting on his circular glasses reveal his brows squinting in concentration. His face is partially obscured by a white respirator.

After finishing the formula, he stopped typing and tapped the 'Enter' key. A progress bar with the message "Synthesizing Formula" appeared on the screen. Once done on the computer, he stood up from the desk, revealing his tall and lithe figure. The slight hunch in his back showed his age, but he was none other than a scientist. His employee tag hanging from his breast pocket confirmed this:

Lead Scientist
Name: [W****** ****h]
ID No. : [31052012]

As he waits for the progress bar to finish, he finds a medical mask nearby, which he picks up and puts on. He then walks over to a high-tech machine containing a test tube filled with a green fluid. The scientist observes the test tube while pushing up his glasses that were starting to slip down towards his eye.

Half a minute later, the computer beeps with the message "Synthesizing Complete" and the progress bar is full. The glass slider of the machine opens, and the scientist carefully picks up the test tube, which is now filled with a slightly luminescent green fluid.

"Finally, the formula is complete," says the Scientist, his voice muffled slightly by the respirator.

*Beep beep beep*

"Huh?"

*BOOOOMM!!*

"WHAT THE-?!? OOF!"

Suddenly, a large explosion rocked forth in the lab. The walls and ceiling collapse on itself and debris knocks over the elderly scientist to his stomach, who yelps in pain and surprise.

As the Scientist slowly gets up to his feet, he is unaware that he dropped the green test tube onto the floor and is now obscured by rubble.

"Eugh.....wha....what's going on?"

The Scientist collects himself, taking off his now-tattered respirator and scans his surroundings.

The lab is now destroyed by the explosion, with sparks emitting from exposed electrical cables and fires all over providing the only source of illumination.