Worst Nightmare Part 1

" Destiny, I think it's time you started getting more friends." my mom said to me, as she packed the groceries in the cupboard, " you're always cloaked up inside your room or on the phone texting Samantha." My mom, Diana Ross and I were the splitting image of each other. She had long, brown, curly hair. She was only 5"5 and very pretty. The only thing I didn't have was her slim toned body. It was me and her alone, against the world since I knew myself. My dad died in a car accident when I was three years old,so we moved from Illinois to Dakota . I never got a chance to know what fatherly love was like but I never let that affect me.

"Mom, I have Sam and she's all the friend I need okay." I groaned, walking off to put the garbage in the bin outside. Samantha Moreno was my best friend, my only friend since sixth grade. She had long, brown hair, was about 5'4 and a total tomboy. Sam is seventeen, one year older than I am. I was never the type of person to be all out. I spent majority of my time home with my books. However, when I went outside something happened. There he was, my neighbor, Chase Morgan, kicking ball. As I placed the bag in the bin I stared at his perfection. His bronze colored hair, his sun toned body and his cute freckles,what a total package? Wait, what was happening to me? He was a player , neither did I ever check boys out.

" Destiny Ross, are you checking me out?" Chase Smirked. Immediately, I ran inside and shut the door . He couldn't have caught me . I wasn't staring that long right? This doesn't usually happen. Why was it even him of all people ?

"Are you okay hun?" asked my mother, with a puzzled look on her face.

"I'm fine." I said, running upstairs to my bedroom. No, No, No, this could not have been happening.He was so going to tell Selene that I was checking him out . In case you're wondering Selene Carson was by far popular and the least likable person in my eyes and my biggest enemy . She was also Chase Morgan's girl friend . Selene and I were best friends in fifth grade but she ditched me. Said I started getting fat, said I was a loser she could not have been seen around. Now that I'm a senior, it doesn't matter. Friends come and go and like stars, the real ones glow.

~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~

As I entered Lakeville North High, I walked to my locker. I stood there waiting for Selene to pounce any moment now. Expecting her boy friend to tell her that her mortal enemy was gonna try to steal him away, I prepared myself for this.

'Wanna check me out now?" instead, I encountered Chase.

"Get away! I wasn't even checking you out yesterday." I said. Luckily, the bell saved me. Unfortunately, he appeared there too. How could I have forgotten that we had most classes together?

He watched in my direction and smirked. He walked in my direction and then change lanes to sit somewhere else.

"Good thing he stayed far." I thought.

"Okay Students, Today you will be paired up for your project, where you will learn about each other. This is due in a month, so I will call your names." said my English teacher, Mrs. Lovell. Everyone groaned.

"Thanks Sam for staying home today." I muttered. As Mrs. Lovell called names. I prayed to be paired with Sam despite her absence. This would make my life so much easier. I knew Sam inside out.

" Destiny and Chase, your partners." she said bursting my bubble. Well how could things get worst? Thank God Selene didn't have the same English Class with us. My partner was my neighbor, captain of the basketball team, the player and the guy who caught me checking him out.

"My house tomorrow night at seven?" Chase said interrupting my thoughts.

"Okay Seven , it is . " I replied. Well I guess I would just have to wait and see how things turn out and i definitely have to tell Sam about this and that her partner was Jason Holt . This could just be my worst nightmare ever.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Excuse Me A Little But Its My First Time Writing so yeah

Hope You Enjoy

XoXo

Nellie :p