Chapter Four-Elliot Copeland

I leant back on the cold metal chair as I raised both legs to comfortably rest my black combat boots on the table. I had been sitting here for about twenty minutes when an officer walked through the door "You like to keep a girl waiting don't you." I said sardonically which made him look directly at me; his reaction was not as confident as I would have thought.

"Alexis Clara Colson." The clearly new to the uniform cop that sat across from me read my name. It was so scripted that it was clear he had read it word for word off the document right in front of him "Twenty two years old, currently living in London-" I raised a hand interrupting this slightly déjà vu moment.

"Yeah yeah my stories really interesting but let me ask you something, does that little file of yours mention my career?" I didn't give him eye contact I just stared aimlessly as the zipper of my boot.

I could see out of the corner of my eye that he had glanced at me then back towards the file "Special Agent Parker's partner for a short time then you went off the map."

I let out a stifled laugh "I wonder why that would be." I finally looked up and widened my eyes with a smirk plastered on my lips but he clearly wasn't the brightest crayon in the box so I thought I would help him along. I reached into the pocket of my jacket and pulled out a small business and slid it face down across the table. "Maybe this will help."

Just as the cop reached for the business card when the door to the interrogation room was forced open and there stood the one and only director "Director Connor." The newbie looked nervous, he was clearly intimidated. The director didn't pay him much attention but he certainly did to me, he walked towards me pushing my feet off the table and grasping the file off the cop.

"Nice to see you to, Director." I huffed crossing my arms against my chest.

"Out." He looked at the young cop who didn't waste any time scrambling out the door and as he closed it behind him Connor took the seat across from me. I sat up just a little straighter and our eyes locked "Didn't think I would see you again." His bitter voice echoed through my ears.

"What can I say I just couldn't stay away." I could see he clearly didn't appreciate the smirk I was currently wearing.

His eyes hadn't moved since he sat down "I thought when I shifted you off to London it would be the end of this." I didn't react I knew he had aided Copeland in shipping me off and I would be lying if I said I didn't resent him. I didn't say anything I just gestured towards the white business card that currently sat upon the metal of the desk. He took a minute but he soon flipped the card and read aloud the word I had been waiting for "Copeland."

I gave him a smug smile "I'm not sure if you are aware but he is my director now and I currently out rank you so unless you get him on the phone in the next thirty seconds you will have hell rain down on you from the CIA."

He didn't like that in fact he stood to his feet and slammed his open palm against the desk "I am the reason you have this job in the first place!" The words came out of his mouth and in seconds I was engulfed in rage. I stood to my feet mimicking his actions of making the desk shake.

"And you director are also the reason my life turned upside down. So like I said get my director on the phone now!"

After that for the next few hours I didn't see Connor again, I waited in that same room for what felt like forever and when the door finally opened there stood Connor with a phone in his hand. He didn't say anything as he walked towards me handing me the phone, I was a little hesitant at first but I soon grasped it in my hand placing it to my ear "Colson." I stated formally.