Zane on Ferlen

Zane didn't know what was happening, one minute he was sleeping at home, and the next ones he woke up tied to a pole. His sight was blurry, and the ropes were starting to hurt him. Gathering himself altogether he tugged on the ropes, making them break easily. He only wanted to make them loose, if he was tied to a pole, there was a reason...

Looking in front of him, his eyes widened. There was a lot of guards and soldiers, with lots of weapons, some with spears, others with bows and swords. And they were 6 inches tall, to him at least... So that was the reason why he was tied !

Looking more the naga could see they were hybrids, they had some animal features, rabbits features, mice, dog, cat, even snake features like him. But why wasn't he the same size as them ?

They all were ready to fire at him... That wasn't good. He sure had managed to break the ropes, so he was labeled as a threat... But no one liked to be tied like that except maybe mad people. He wasn't mad, was he ?

He tried to speak at them, but the only sound that came out was a loud growl. What was happening ?

That's when they started firing at him.

The naga brought his arms in front of his face to protect himself, and backed away a bit, only to trip and fall to the ground, and make the ground shake beneath everyone's feet.

Zane picked himself up and scrunched his face. What could he do to show he mean no harm ?

The guards stopped firing at him. Someone yelled something at Zane. Sadly, he couldn't understand anything but he thought it was about moving. He needed to stop moving. So he stayed still, assuming he scared them when he moved.

He could take that as an advantage, as well as he could see that they were lowering whatever weapon they had.

He also could see that the ones who were in front, near to him but out of reach were shaking badly out of fear (logically). There was one in particular, a female, who was looking terrified.

He instinctively reached for her, his mind telling him to reassure her, and that he could also reassure everyone else as well like that.

The guards gasped and backed away, as someone shouted again something at him, but he ignored it. Reassurance first, his way. If it didn't work, he would do it their way.

He cupped the girl in his hands. She looked so young. He was so thrilled by her age that he did not see she was aiming at him with her bow. She was shaking madly too. Who knows what she was thinking...

With a gentle finger, he lowered her bow and shook his head, telling her he meant her no harm. He hoped she would understand.

She was still shaking badly. Zane slowly brought his other hand near her. She was whimpering now. Oh no... That was the last thing he wanted...

He ever so slowly and gently caressed her hair with the back of his finger, and smiled, seeing she was making a confused face and she was starting to calm down. The plan worked ! Now he needed to know if the others were still as scared as before or if they were still seeing him as a threat. He slowly made a shushing sound and lowered the girl to the ground. Let's see what would happen now...

They were discussing. Probably about him. Was it good or bad ? He didn't know...

Some rabbit man went nearer to him, and made a motioning, telling the naga to lower himself.