𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞, the walking dead

THE WALKIE talkies echoed amongst the group, they're bodies hot as they surrounded each other. The sand blew in their face with ease. It was so quiet, oddly. There was no city lights, there was so honking cars. Just silence.

When the dead rose from the ground to walk the earth like they once did, hell hit. It was like nothing before. It was not an epidemic, but an apocalypse. Aria Cameron had never believed something like this would happen, until it actually did.

She was all alone with her mother. Her brothers had got lost during the outbreak, and they had no idea where they where or if they were okay. All she could remember was the screams, the horror of watching those innocent people get torn apart.

She was helping her new friend, Amy, carry wood, giggling to themselves as they reminisced old memories. "You did that to? I thought it was just me!" Aria smiled, letting the girl lightly nudge her shoulder.

Their attention was turned as they heard a glitchy voice coming from the Radio. "Hello? Can you hear my voice?" The voice glitched.

Amy quickly ran to the radio, "Hey, hello?" The man questions once again, "Can you hear my voice?" Aria looked over at her mother who ran towards her, looking at the scene in confusion. "Yes, I can hear you. You're coming through. Over."

"Anybody who reads, please respond. Broadcasting on emergency channel. We'll be approaching Atlanta on Highway 85. Anybody reads, please respond." Aria mentally panicked, shaking her head, "He can't go to Atlanta, it's like a dead zone."

"We're just outside the city," the static noise cut her off, making them sigh in annoyance, "Damnit. Hello? Hello? He couldn't hear me."

Dale finally spoke up, "Try to raise him again, come over here, son." Aria watched Shane walk over to them in a hurry, giving Carl a wave.
"Hi, Aria." He sweetly said, "Hey, Carl."

Carl was around 12 and she found herself treating him just like Tobey, her brother. They were around the same age and they were a lot alike. Quiet, snappy, but overall very kind.

Her older brother, Erin, resembled her father more. Very sarcastic, overprotective and funny. She had so many memories of him, but only from when she was a baby. Once her mother and him got a divorce, he hit the road and, unfortunately, never came back.

She hated being separated from them. She spent all day wondering if they were alive or dead. "Mom," She said, walking over to the women who sat there coldly, "Please, pick up the wood. We need the fire for tonight." Her mother, GiGi, practically demanded, making her scoff as Amy called her over for help.

GiGi was in distraught. She needed her sons. Yes, her daughter was safe and sound but that was not her only child. "I should've went with Glenn and Andrea." Dale only shook his head, placing a comforting hand on her knee, "We need you here." She ignored him, thoughts running through her mind as she watched Aria assemble the fire.

Meanwhile, Atlas Pedro stood on top of the roof, watching and listening closely to the streets of Atlanta. He remembered these roads being so beautiful as he was born and raised in the streets of Atlanta. But, now it was just all dead.

He quickly pulled out his gun whilst he watched the two men run into the alleyway, helping them climb up the tall ladder. He didn't trust Glenn. Or the mysterious man who had just been brought to them with open arms. But, it was starting to get crowded as they both climbed up the ladder, "Hurry!"

Once they both made it up, he patted Glenn on the back, shaking his head. "Rick. Thank you." He held his hand out to Glenn. The man stared for a second before taking his hand in, "Glenn. You're welcome."

Atlas cautiously stared down the man, "That's Atlas." Glenn said and Rick nodded his head at him. "We should get going."

The climb wasn't half as bad as they thought, only taking a couple minutes when they finally reached the top. They were settling temporarily in a store for supplies until they heard Rick. He was shooting like a maniac— it was hard to miss.

"Are you the one that barricaded the alley?" Rick asked, "Somebody did. I guess when the city got overrun. Whoever did it was thinking not many geeks would get through." Atlas rolled his eyes, "Yeah, obviously failed."

"Your lucky we even stayed at the tank for you, it's Glenn you have to thank." Rick looked at him, waiting for his response, "Call it foolish, naive, hope, that if I'm ever that far up shit creek, somebody might do the same for me. Guess I'm an even bigger dumbass than you."

They went down to the building, seeing two walkers and T-dog attacking them, running back inside. "Let's go!"

As soon as they got inside, Andrea attacked the man, a gun to his head. Atlas pulled his gun out as well, pointing it at Andrea. They all looked at eachother, wondering who was gonna shoot first.

"Put it down, Drea. You'll go right with em'." Viktoria quickly ran over, placing a hand on Andrea, "He's already injured! I'm not pulling a bullet wound out of two people so drop the fucking gun."

At her friends words, she quickly lowered it, "I don't understand." Rick spoke softly.

"Look, we came into the city to scavenge supplies." The man said, pushing him forward to follow, "You know what the key to scavenging is? Surviving! You know the key to surviving? Sneaking in and out, tiptoeing."

"Every geek for miles around heard you popping off rounds." T-dog said, turning his head to see Atlas leaned against the wall, his gun still in his hand.

He wasn't one to talk much. They barely knew him as a whole, only knowing the bad parts of him. Like just a second ago, holding Andrea at gun point wasn't a surprise. He liked being the asshole. It made him feel better about the things that happened around him, especially now.

Aria Cameron was the complete opposite. She chose to be the light because of what was happening around her, even before the apocalypse. Because the world has always been a hateful place, now it was just a matter of time before everyone had no memory of the life they had before.

Atlas hated those kinds of people; the people who think they can change things. Because they couldn't. It was about survival, it was a war zone now. It didn't matter if you were living or dead because now?

You were the walking dead.

| AUTHORS NOTE |
hellooo, it's gabi!

this is just the prologue so, and I'm super excited about writing this book and the dynamics of all my characters. all characters that aren't mine, credits to, AMC.

DONT BE A SILENT READERRR, LOVE YOU

BYEEE