𝟬𝟯. 𝗦𝗢𝗨𝗟𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗦.

" ma ? "  asked 3 year old ishan. " there is something on my skin, i am trying to rub it off but it's not going away. " he said, putting his arm in front to show his mother.

his mother chuckled,  knelt down in front of him before taking his small hands into her own.

" this is called ' soulmark ', babu. " she told him. " everybody gets them when they turn 2 or 3 years old. "

" but what is a soulmark ? " ishan asked, confused.

" a soulmark is something that your soulmate speaks to you, when you meet someone for the first time and they say something that is written on your skin, they are your soulmate. "

" what is a soulmate, ma ? how do you  know who was your soulmate ? " ishan asked.

" you have a lot of questions, don't you ? " his mother stated before ruffling ishan's hair.

" a soulmate is a special person. someone who will love you more than your mummy. bhagwan ji made them specially you. "  she told a very curious ishan.

" your papa is my soulmate, ishu. these words on my hand was said to me by your papa. " she said, and showed ishan her own soulmark, he looked at it curiously.

" does papa have what you said as his soulmark ? "

" yes. "

" does bhaiya have a soulmark? does he know who his soulmate is ? "

" yes, your brother also have a soulmark and nahi, he doesn't know who his soulmate is. " she pulled ishan into her arms, stroking his hair gently. 

" you don't have to be in a hurry to find your soulmate,  you will find them eventually. they will come in your life some way or other. "

" yes ma ! "  ishan nodded vigorously. " but what does my soulmark read ? i don't understand. " he frowned.

ishan's mother looked at his soulmark,  her eyes going wide in shock.

" kya likha hai, ma ? " ishan urged again after seeing his mother hesitate.

" you will understand when you grow up, ishu. chalo, i still have to work on today's lunch. " she avoided answering little ishan's question and left him alone.

over the years as ishan grew up he understood what did his soulmark mean and why did his parents avoided to tell him.

ishan would get made fun it in school and it continued even in the college too. he wore long sleeved shirts to hide his soulmark and was thankful for his auntie to teach him how to cover it up with makeup.

he was so ready to kill his soulmate for this.

━━━━━━━

when ishan joined the indian cricket team, the bullying about his soulmark somewhat died down. they were all either, very understanding or mahi bhai had strictly told them not too.

ishan was walking down to cafeteria for afternoon lunch, he was told that there will be new members joining today.

ishan filled himself a plate in large amount cause he was hungry with all the practice he did during the morning practice session. 

he turned in his heels and suddenly his plate collided with someone.

" bhenchod ! "  the person yelled in pain.

and ishan stood dead in his tracks, cause  one : he just spilled his food onto that person and two : that person just said something to him, which was written on his arm.