Chapter Two: Another Him

(HHHHHH this story is NOT good and I am NOT updating it again! Terribly sorry about that. Here's the unfinished second chapter from almost a year ago)

Quietly, Wally treaded down the path, keeping his eyes peeled and his ears open as he searched for the source of their night-time disruption.

The noise didn't seem to have disturbed any of their other friends, since he was the only one out looking. Only he and Home awoke - thank goodness.

Before he truly set out, Wally had checked near the trees behind his house, yet found nothing...only an abundance of old kites, which were still trapped safely above on the branches, unable to be played with ever again.

So, he had pressed on.

He crept past everybody's houses, looking for anything out of the ordinary. He was surprisingly silent whilst going about this, almost unnervingly so.

He could just slip on past, and nobody would ever know.

Wally's eyes carefully scanned the neighborhood for anything, anything at all, but soon, he had gotten all the way past Julie's house, and there still weren't any culprits in sight.

'I can't see anything,' Thought Wally, standing in her flower patch. 'So maybe, it was nothing at all...'

'I should go back to bed now. Home might be worried about me.'

But just as he had turned to leave, another sound made itself known out in the darkness.

The faint rustling of leaves.

Wally Darling stopped dead in his tracks.

"..."

His eyes went wide with intrigue as he slowly turned back around to look. The mystery had quickly overcome him once more.

'...I think I heard...another noise. Out there.'

So off he went to investigate.

His pupils darted around frantically, as he made his way through the multicolored brush, and into the mysterious forest that surrounded their neighborhood.

Wally had never been out here before, so he didn't know his way.

There was never any reason to leave Home, after all. It was just the nicest little place.

What or who could be out there in the unfamiliar wooded area? It almost felt as though something were pulling Wally forward...something that resonated deep within the puppet boy, for reasons he just couldn't put his finger on.

Like an otherworldly force, stringing him along towards his goal...

Slowly coaxing him closer and closer to achieving the answers he so desperately desired...

It felt as if something familiar, yet currently unknown was calling him over.

And he would be sure to answer that call.

He was now fully convinced that this was another individual he was searching for. They just had to be; he couldn't imagine anything else now. The idea of a possible 'them' was stuck in his head.

The further he went in here, the stronger the feeling grew, rapidly ramping up in intensity with each step.

His insatiable curiosity...