Rest in peace?

" Dying is supposed to be peaceful right? Isn't that where R.I.P comes from? That's what they wrote on my gravestone and what they said at my funeral. But life (death?) since I died has been anything but peaceful. Maybe telling you about it will do something, what was it that people say? A problem shared is a problem halved? Anyway, here goes. This is the story of my death."

                   April 15th 2012- The day I died

It started out just like any other day, I woke up and brushed my hair and teeth, got changed and mum drove me to school in her (soon to be mine when I turn eighteen! oops, I forgot, that's never gonna happen) adorable vintage powder blue mini cooper. When I got there, my boyfriend Toby was standing outside school waiting for me. "Hey Abby!" he said in his American accent that stood out so strongly compared to the rest or our Welsh accents. I walked up to him smiling and said, "Hi, you all prepared for the biology test last lesson?" It was something that I had been studying for all week (and no I am not a nerd but if I fail a test then I'm grounded, sad right?) but knowing Toby he probably hadn't even picked up his text book. Toby, looking as confused (and cute) as ever stopped walking, "Wait, we have a test?" laughing and shaking my head I just put my arm around his waist and started walking to first lesson.

Most of my friends ask me why I like Toby, most of them wouldn't understand if I told them the real reason so I just shrug and say, "He makes me laugh." which yeh is part of it, but the main reason I like being with Toby is because he makes (made) me feel safe. Like no matter what happened I would be okay as long as he was there, walking to English with his arm around my shoulder I felt like nothing could hurt me because he was there to protect me. I guess I kinda feel like I have to protect him now. Anyway the day went past in a blur, I remember at lunch time my best friend Yazmin was really happy because the boy she had liked for ages asked her out. But other than that nothing really special happened.

It was after school when IT happened. I was standing outside waiting for mum when there was a fight that started. It must have started inside the school car-park because I didn't hear it at first, I just saw the crowd of people who had gathered to watch it. As the fight got closer to me I could see who it was, one of Toby's friends, Lee, and Yazmin's new boyfriend Jacob, were fighting the school 'bad boys' Edward and Damien. I could clearly see who was winning, the other side but as they came closer I was getting worried that they were going to go onto the road, with the crowd in a tight, ever-moving, circle around them, they were moving out of the school gates and towards the edge of the road, where I was. I moved over so that I wouldn't be trampled by the crowd, but just as I moved Jacob threw a punch at Edward that pushed a whole chunk of the circle back towards me and knocked me into the road.

I screamed with terror as I fell into the busy line of traffic at Llanelli's rush hour and the whole crowd turned to look at me as I lay covered in grazes in the middle of the road. The last things that I remember are a truck honk and my desperate struggle to get up before it came, and the last thing before it hit me? Toby screaming my name.