Chapter 8

As with all good things, it must come to an end.

College? No, Minji is happily graduating with excellent grades and records. She's finally rid of group projects, research papers and dreaded irrelevant survey taking. No more extra-curricular clubs that don't really add much value if not to build connections. Minji really only had time to join one club – gardening. It wasn't active at all, with only five members. All of them were pretty chill and didn't mind that Minji rarely showed up or helped with the school's botanical garden. Minji wonders if they knew she was a member.

Her internship? Nope! When the employee on maternity was due to return, Minji was ready to get out of there as soon as possible. They'd offered her a permanent position as a Recruitment Specialist. And while Minji did have fun interviewing people, scaring them with her mixed aura of fun and bubbly to cold and intimidating, she thought she would quickly outgrow the job considering the company's slow career advancement. One of the Recruitment Specialists has been there for over ten years!

Her job at the massage parlor? This is the most relieving end to her string of struggles. While she may have to bid farewell to Madame Jennie, her biggest supporter since she moved to Seoul from the humble countryside of Chuncheon, and the rest of the girls, Minji would want nothing more than to live a "normal life", whatever that means.

Her customers? They can go fuck themselves.

Minji only has one reservation

---

"What are you going to do about your regulars?" Hanni asks, packing her things little by little. She'll be moving out after graduation too and she'd already found a place near her new job. She even proposed that they share a place. Minji rejected the offer, claiming she'd already found a place of her own (she hadn't yet at that time).

"Nothing?" Minji replies, "Should I send them a letter of resignation as well?"

"You know who I mean," Hanni rolls her eyes.

"Junyeong can find other girls," Minji shrugs. Her hand subconsciously reaches for her neck, rubbing the seething pain that still burns when she thinks of him.

"What if he finds you," Hanni narrows her brows.

"He won't. I'll change my name and get plastic surgery," Minji says sarcastically as she helps Hanni fold her clothes.

"Weirdo. Just don't change your nose," Hanni snorts but doesn't press further, "What about your Friday Girl?"

Thankfully, Minji has her back turned when Hanni asked that because her usual smiling, expression drops. She isn't sure what she's supposed to do with her Friday Girl.

Her only reservation .

She'd been avoiding the matter altogether. How is she supposed to say goodbye? 

---

" Harabeoji Halmeoni , you didn't have to come all the way here," Minji says as she holds her grandmother's hand as she carefully takes her seat in this quiet little Japanese restaurant in Seoul. They'd just attended Minji's  graduation ceremony even though Minji  specifically asked them not to because her grandmother's knees are weak, "and you brought Sobo with you? It's such a long ride. I could've just sent you pictures!"

"It was Sobo's idea," Minji's father laughs, pouring tea into their cups. Even though Minji insisted that they didn't have to come, she is definitely happy seeing her family after such a long time. She hasn't visited home in years. She thinks of making a trip back before her work officially starts. For just a few days, maybe.