Chapter Nineteen 💚❤️

Zhan didn't know how he got into the taxi. His hands were shaking. He doesn't understand now why he thought he could deal with all the problems that were coming into his life. He thought he had matured in the past three years. That he was a smart and composed man. That he was strengthened by the hardships he suffered from being cheated and abandoned by Yibo.

He was too stupid to think that. With other men, he has been able to distance himself. His classmates in college called him Ice Frost. The same goes for his for his office mates. Many tried to break through the wall he put on himself, but they failed.

But not Yibo. He was still no match for him.

He should have thought of that when they met at his brother's wedding.

He went to the condo directly. He didn't go into the office coz he knows he couldn't do anything today. He called Mrs. Wang Yifei and informed her that they got the project.

"Come here, love," he called his son. He carried and hugged him tightly.

"Can't breathe..." Yuan complained.

He laughed. "Sorry, love. You'll spend the day with me today, A-Yuan. What do you want us to do?"

"Play ba'ketball," answered Yuan. He takes the plastic toy, that when you pressed it, the small ball rises to enter the ring. The game is for two players.

He laughed. "Is this what we're going to do?" he asked his son.

The boy who sat next to him nodded.

"Tomorrow, I'll buy you a real ball." he said to his son.

"Buy ball?" Ayuan eyes twinkled as he asked his Papa.

"Promise. Don't you know that your daddy is very tall? He is so handsome like you, A-Yuan. And a star basketball player at our school before." He told his son absentmindedly. "And you, you also love the ball, huh? You inherited everything from him. You even looked exactly your daddy," he continued as if his son understands anything he is saying.

"My daddy?" Yuan repeated, looking at him.

"Yes, your dad---" he didn't finish what he had to say.

Suddenly, his smile disappeared, and he stared at his son. Since Yuan birth, he never mentioned Yibo to his son.

"Where's my daddy?" Yuan asked looking up at him. Zhan leaned against the sofa dejectedly. That was an honest mistake. And he must pay for it. And now he doesn't know how to answer his son.

"The... w-well..." he stammered. He picked up his and cried.

His thought, that they were complete, even just the two of them and that they don't need Yibo. But what he didn't prepare for was this kind of scenario.

Xiao Yuan --- how he is going to answer if in the future Ayuan will ask him why they have the same surname? How he will deal with it, every time Yuan asks about his other father?

All of that is rolling in Zhan's mind, and he couldn't come up with an answer.