New friend?

I looked over to see a pretty and cute girl sitting next to me. Kinda weird since no one ever sits next to me except for Reneè and Mimi. The girl had also long, medium colored brown hair, light brown eyes, hipster nerdy glasses, and is a bit short. She must be 12! What's a 12 year old doing in high school??!

  The girl noticed my curious glare and looked over and smiled. "Hello! I'm Carmina!" She said excitedly and eagerly. Is she the new girl? "Dani.." I said cautiously. Don't get me wrong, I like making friends But she seems different. Most people I've met are either mean or....well.  Just mean. "Are you new?" I asked since I've never seen her around. "Yip yip!" She said with a nod. "I just moved here recently." "Ah ok." I said and looked at my phone.

  I'm really awkward when meeting new people. "Wanna be friends?" The girl suddenly asked out of the blue.

"Eh?" That shocked me. Someone wanted to be my friend? Woah. "You seem nice. Bit awkward but nice. And you can show me around! Please? Please? Pleaseeeeee?!" She asked, basically holding my hands excitedly. "Um...sure." I said with a small smile. "Yay!" And with that, she hugged me. I hesitated a bit and hugged the short girl back.

  This is a new step for me now..