CHAPTER I

"Aaren!" Kai shouted.

Aaren heard Kai's scream and waved at him. "Kai! I can see that you like to finally see me, but you don't have to shout like a madman. People will just look at us like we are some weirdos now."

"Then let them stare if they have nothing else do." Kai replied. Aaren rolled his eyes at Kai's comment and spoke, "What are you even doing near this temple?"

,,Nothing interesting. I have nothing to do like those people, so I just came here to take a walk  and breathe some of the fresh air.'' Kai replied. Aaren raised one eyebrow and asked,, Are you sure? It's not very common for you to just walk out of nowhere if you don't have to.''

Kai let out a taunting laugh and spoke as if in a fit of rage. "It's still better to just go for a walk than go here to pray at a stupid temple, unlike you."

Aaren sneered at his mocking words and decided to continue to ignore him. "Are you really gonna treat me with the 'silent treatment' now?" Kai smiled. In an instant, Kai crossed his arms and leaned against the red pillar. "Don't forget there's a funeral tomorrow," He warned Aaren.

"Whose funeral is it?" He asked in embarrassment with a tear of sweat running down his forehead. "Ms. Sevyn ." He reminded him. ,,Oh! Okay, thanks for the reminder!'' Aaren chuckled.

After Aaren lit the godwood resin he stepped closer to his friend and asked once again. "Will you go with me to Roisson City, or should I leave you and go alone?"

Kai jumped a little closer to Aaren and hooked his arm around his neck. "You wouldn't leave me here all alone, would you?" Kai sneered.

Aaren smiled at him and they immediately went to Roisson City together. Both cheerfully left, happily telling each other various jokes and stories along the way. Kai even complained a few times, otherwise it wouldn't be him.

The markets have been very busy for the past few days, so it was difficult to get across the main road. Kai knew a lot about shortcuts, as he had to back off and hide more than a few times. So he grabbed Aaren's hand and pulled him into the spaces between the houses.

They were able to quickly claw their way through the small streets without any problems and soon made it back to Roisson City. Many different sounds could already be heard outside the gate, and one of those sounds was the neighing and snorting of horses.

Aaren raised his head and shouted, "Mao!" and immediately ran towards the corral. The mare named Mao immediately trotted up to the fence and wrapped her head around Aaren's neck, who in turn wrapped his arms around his mare's neck. Their embrace took so long , until Kai faked a cough about a meter away from them.

Aaren jumped forward at the sudden appearance of Kai and hastily put a hand around his neck. "Sorry," he smiled and got back to his senses immediately, "Let's go inside, we can chat over a cup of tea."

Kai nodded and followed him. Aaren led him to his room and after they entered he asked, "So, what kind of tea would you like?" Kai thought for a moment. "Any, you can choose for me. Any tea from you is always the best anyway." He replied with a smile. Aaren smiled and headed to make tea for both of them.

Meanwhile, Kai settled into the chair next to the window and supported his head with his hands. At that moment, Aaren came back and poured him a cup of tea and placed the kettle on the mat in the middle of the gallery in the shape of a flower, and also handed him a small round box with a spiral cover with various designs.

Kai looked at round box and said,,What's that weird thing for?" Aaren gave him a low chuckle and replied, "There are sugar cubes in it, young man."

Kai rolled his eyes in embarrassment and picked up 2 cubes which he then dropped into his tea and stirred it a bit to dissolve the sugar.

Aaren did the same but instead took the tea in both hands and smelled the aroma before taking a sip as usual and immediately putting the cup back down.

Kai raised his head to start another conversation but eventually changed his mind and instead started playing with whatever he found on the table. Aaren secretly watched him for a moment and started the conversation instead. "So, do you have any new information about the current situation?"

Kai focused his eyes on Aaren and shook his head slightly before answering. "For now, I don't have many of them, it's just that those moronic snakes are getting closer to the villages and attacking the citizens more and more often."

"It would take a good plan. If this continues, who knows how it will turn out soon.'' Kai nodded his head in agreement and drank his tea, which was already slightly cold.

As soon as he placed his cup on the small mat, he spoke. "I'll go out tomorrow and check it out and then I'll let you know by tonight at the latest how all the parts are doing." Aaren chuckled softly and said with a smile, "okay, but don't work yourself to death, it would be a shame to lose you."

As soon as he finished speaking, there was a crack in the door and a subject flew into his room. "Master Aaren! A large army of venomous snakes has invaded the village! We tried to kill them, but many of us were injured and loads of people even died! We cannot hold them away for long without losing our people."

Aaren immediately stood up and ran closer. "Where exactly? I'll go there right away." 

"In the region where there is a path into the forest towards the Kingdom of Nita!"

Aaren bowed in thanks and quickly picked up his sword and headed towards the enclosure. Meanwhile, Kai followed nimbly not a meter behind him. Aaren opened the corral and saddled his mare, giving Kai a hand to help him climb onto her back.

Kai wrapped his arms around his waist tightly as Aaren spurred the horse and they sped off to the scene of the crime. They sped at a very frantic speed through roads that weren't very busy to avoid further trouble or injury and were there in less than ten minutes.

Kai jumped off his horse with a blast and immediately went to fight the aggressive snakes while Aaren circled around to scare them back or trample them to death before going to fight along his buddy on his own feet.

The two fought and thrashed their swords around for a while before running to each other and shielding each other's backs. Kai ran into a large group of snakes to exterminate them all, but one of them crept up on Aaren from behind and bit right into Aaren's neck.

Aaren dropped to his knees in pain and Kai came running as soon as he heard the blow. Killing everyone as quickly as possible, he carefully scooped Aaren into his arms and sat on the mare's back, with Aaren on his lap. Holding him tightly, he spurred the horse and set off to apothecary

{1227 words}