CHAPTER II

He didn't even delay tying the reins and immediately ran inside. "Help! I need an emergency call!" he exclaimed. A running silhouette appeared behind the drapes, swiftly pushing the drapes aside, "what happened?!". "One of the fucking snakes bit Aaren right in the neck!"

Eithan, their local doctor, tied a bandage around his neck and carried Aaren to where he came from a moment ago, leaving Kai in front of the cash register. 

He didn't know what to do, so he waited a few minutes in case Eithan came back. He sat down in the nearest chair and waited patiently, which also paid off. After those few minutes, Eithan was back. 

Kai stood up quickly and shouted, "is he going to be okay?!". Eithan tried to comfort him and then replied, "I don't know yet, it's a very serious case and it will take time to heal properly. You can come here at any time and you know the situation or I will send you a letter about how Mr. Aaren is doing.'

Kai was still nervous but he calmed down enough to be able to answer calmly. "Okay, thank you." and also in the meantime he asked "please do whatever you can. If he doesn't heal, everything will be screwed up!".

Eithan bowed and went back behind the curtains, and Kai came out and led Aaren's mare back to her corral.

He entered the Kingdom of Nita and tried to find Aaren's father or mother. He wandered for a while until he found Mrs. Morley. He ran closer to her and bowed, "Lady Morley!". She turned to him and spoke, "Yes, Kai?". "Aaren was bitten in the neck by a venomous snake. I got it to the pharmacy as soon as possible, but it's not certain." he informed her, trying not to sound nervous. Mrs. Morley calmed her head slightly and replied, "Okay, thank you for taking care of him. I will go there every day and give you information about his situation so that you do not have to delay. The situation can get worse, and you are one of the best, so try to take care of the situation."

Kai smiled. "Yes Madam." and he bowed and trotted away to his room. As soon as he entered, he looked back and walked towards a small cabinet with symbols engraved on it and opened it. He thought before taking anything from her and then took 2 closed bottles, arrows, a bow and a small first aid kit. He placed everything on his dark wood desk and placed the small briefcase on his left hand.

He put the bow aside and took one bottle in his right hand. He sharpened his arrowheads and flicked a strong poison into them and emptied both vials, closed them and put them back in the closet. He added arrows and a bow to his back, and also took a small knife in his pocket. He checked that he had everything he needed and went out again.

He made his way between the thin lanes and ran along the path in the forest to the Kingdom of Xine. As soon as he reached his destination, he looked around for someone who could help him. He saw a farmer in a small garden, so he came to him. "Hello, may I ask how serious the current snake situation here is , or if they have started to appear more in any part of the area?" The farmer looked at him and leaned on the rake. "Ah, hello young man. Yes, quite a few have started to appear in the north, and more injuries and deaths have started to rise as well.'

Kai raised his head excitedly. "Thank you so much!" he thanked and headed north. It wasn't long before he saw another army of those venomous beasts, so he walked closer. As he approached, he pulled out his bow and shot a few of them from a distance. Once he was close enough, he charged into the fray until he had killed all of them.

After a little struggle, he let out an excited breath and cleaned his sword of blood and poison. He wandered around for a few hours if he found a few more around. The sun was already slowly setting

So he went back to Roisson City. He walked back the same way until he reached the border and turned into his secret shortcut right to the kingdom.

He quietly slipped into his room and put away his weapons. He took off his outer clothes and sat down at the table. He picked up a few things from the table and pulled out his A5 journal covered in black leather. Out of boredom, he wrote whatever came to his mind for a while until he was quite sleepy. 

As he finished writing, he closed his journal and put it back in its place and went into a smaller chamber behind a red curtain.

In the chamber was his bed with thin foam and light green sheets with various patterns. He had a given hemp blanket on his side, which he picked up and covered himself with as soon as he got into his bed.

He didn't fall asleep right away, but rather thought about today and what happened. He also hoped that Aaren would be well soon. He stretched a little more and took a deep breath, waiting for him to fall asleep.

{899 words}