Death -part 2

🌑

The witch made splendid promises of speedy and healthy inception of pregnancy. “Take the salve, I promise you it will do wonders.”

Justice did not take it right away. Abe took it from her and tried it on his skin first to make sure it was safe. He was not the one physically responsible for growing their child inside his body, so he wanted it to not cause any harm, at least to his wife's skin. After a couple more than five minutes it seemed fine, he asked the witch what she wanted in return but she shook her head and said nothing. She just smiled and walked away.
Little did they know the witch only left out of eyesight. She used a spell of silent night that covered all sounds she made. The witch watched as they walked toward the edge of the woods but stopped.

“I'm feeling…a bit nauseous…”
He hunched and shook his head, white foamy liquid dripped from his mouth.

“Abe, my love, are you-”
She lightly padded his back and touched his hand. The sound of breaking wood made her jump. She looked around and saw nothing.

Justice held onto his hand tighter, but when she looked back at his face, it wasn't the same. It was scrunched up and in pain. He fell on the ground, panting and groaning. Justice was extremely worried now. He laid on his hands and knees out of her reach. His clothes were ripping themselves off of his body. She could see the bones of his spine clearer. She bent her knees in front of him, but he hid his face. An unholy growl left his body that took her by surprise as she moved away from him.
His body was shaking, and she cried and screamed for help, not wanting to leave him by himself in this condition. Justice made the decision to run a couple feet closer to the end of the woods and pleaded for help from anyone nearby as loud as her voice could go, taking looks back at her husband in between. In that instant, someone approached.

When Justice ran back to her husband, he wasn't there, in his place stood a beautiful black wolf, and next to him, the witch, she made herself known.
Head to head with a wild animal wasn't what scared her, it was the fact that she had lost her beloved husband. Justice was furious and pointed it at the witch in front of her.

“What have you done?” She asked rhetorically, spite dripped from her tone of voice. It was illogical what had just happened to her husband, but Justice knew better, it was the witch's fault and her awful spiritual salve. As was her and Abe's desperation for a blessing for their prayers.

The witch laughed giddy at her work, she smiled as she spoke,“Not the last thing I will make happen tonight!”

She shook in silent anger almost falling back, this had broken her. With all the negativity, spite, and hate she had in her like never before, Justice only had one thing on her mind, a vendetta. At the moment it was impossible to believe but she had a weapon on her body. She had been carit around since her first miscarriage. Her mother's silk cloth hugging her father's unused dagger. She saw red and without a second thought lunged at the witch.

The witch didn't see it coming, not as fast as the way Justice straddled her. The dagger was out and in the chest within nanoseconds. Justice was pushed off the witch and the wolf was on the defensive. The witch withdrew the dagger from her chest and bled profusely all over herself, she was in shock. It was impossible for her, no human weapon made from natural resources would ever make her bleed. This was something else, something supernatural.

Justice knew she had done something wrong, seeing even more blood fall from the wound site, she ran. She ran toward the waterfall, where she knew she could lose her. Afraid of what she would see she didn't look back. The louder the steps behind her grew the closer the witch was. Tempted to look if the wolf had followed her she looked back.

The witch knew exactly where Justice was headed and exactly how to stop her. Though as she grew ready for a spell to help her get there faster, she stumbled as the wolf retreaded. Justice had taken the leap into the river and there was no way to get to her.

Even swimming towards the opposite side wasn't enough for the strength of the river's waterfall, she was going down. The witch hatched a plan at the last minute, she was on her hands and knees losing too much blood to handle. As soon as Justice reached the bottom of the river the witch chanted the dooming spell, there was no rising from it. She sank lower and lower, faster than the ships from across their land.

The witch couldn't watch the spell take place as she herself sank to the ground until she was nothing more than ashes in the forest.