Prologue

Diiinng... diiinngg... diinngg

The school bell announced third hour was over, Ariana Grande walked out of advanced chemistry and strode into the loud and over crowded school hallways. It was a five minute break between classes which made her happy because she'd be able to visit with her best friend or boyfriend. Walking by a group of students, she tried now to breath in through her nose as they all smelled like cigarettes and... weed? She wasn't sure if that's what it was, she's always been around the crowd that was above the influence and had no intention of ruining her future over one stupid thing. Spotting her dark blue locker across the hall she made her way towards it. Ariana was happy the school didn't feel like a sauna for once, her red velvet colored hair swung in a ponytail as she came within feet of her locker.

She rolled her eyes when she saw that it had popped open again. Can the school not afford a locker that will actually close? I mean gosh, they bought each student a freakin' iPad for school work! Ariana said in her head. She pulled on the metal handle and placed her heavy book inside then reached down for her German II notebook when she heard her best friend open the locker next to her.

"Ari, you look so pretty!" Victoria Justice said, giving her best friend a smile. "Is that white dress new? It's so cute."

Ariana surveyed her best friend who looked equally as pretty. Victoria had her hair perfectly straightened and was wearing a red long sleeve shirt with a shiny silver necklace, white short shorts that could just barely pass the dress code, and red flats. Ariana closed her locker and stood up. "Aww, thank you. And I love your necklace and shirt!"

Victoria looked down and fixed her cross on her necklace which was tilted sideways. She opened her locker and then reached inside for her advanced algebra II book and notebook, as well as her highliters and calculator when she asked, "Be honest, how hard what the chemistry test? I was up until two in the morning studying and I think I know mostly everything but I'm still freaking out."

Ariana laughed at her friend's nervousness, "I only studied for three hours so you're in better shape than I am. I found it to be pretty easy but when the bell rang and we all left I heard everyone complaining that it was killer and they didn't know anything. Don't worry, I'm sure that you will do fi--" Ariana was interrupted by the intercom.

There was a slight screeching then one of the ladies as the school office's voice came over the speakers, "Would Harry Styles and Victoria Justice please report to the high school office. Harry Styles and Victoria Justice to the high school office, thank you."

Victoria groaned and closed her locker door and she looked at Ariana who was giving her a what-did-you-do look. "Oh it's nothing. Harry and I just skipped class." Victoria was one of the top students in their class and was a great charmer, Ariana knew Victoria could weasel herself out of murder if she needed to. "Well, I'll see you seventh hour. Let's hope chipmunk doesn't give another boring lesson on Greek mythology, see ya."

Ariana laughed slightly as her best friend walked away. They gave their world history teacher the nickname "chipmunk" because of the way she was always so twitchy and energetic, not to mention the fact that her cheeks were super round as if she had them stuffed with nuts. Tightening her ponytail, Ariana made her way towards the German room just down the hall when she spotted her favorite person in the world. Picking up speed, Ariana walked towards her boyfriend and when she was close enough she slipped her arms around his body. She looked up and stood on her tiptoes to kiss her boyfriend Zayn Malik.

Zayn gave her a quick kiss back before whispering "Happy year and a half, baby."

Ariana opened her mouth and smiled "I can't believe you remembered!" She squeezed his body harder and gave him another kiss before entangling their hands together and walking to the classroom.

"So tonight, I made reservations at that new Italian restaurant that just opened up and then I thought you could come over and stay then night. I rented four of those romance movies you love by Nichola Harks."

"I think you meant Nicholas Sparks." Ariana corrected him and giggled as the two walked into the red, yellow, and black colored classroom. "That sounds perfect, I'll come to the restaurant around six." Ariana walked into the middle row, third seat and sat down. Zayn sat one seat behind and over from her. The bell rang indicating that class has started and all the student flooded through the green classroom door.

"Hallo und Guten Tag klasse." The German teacher greeted them, she was a bit of a pudgy woman that looked a little troll-like as if she cobbled shoes on the weekends. Ariana was trying to concentrate on what she was saying when a small, crinkled up paper landed on her desk. She turned around and smiled when she saw Zayn who was overly faking that it wasn't him when he made eye contact with her he mouthed "Read it."

She undid the note and saw written in black pen. "Well gorgeous, just though I'd let you know that you're absolutely breaktaking and I couldn't get a better girlfriend even if I tried. I love you with all my heart and I am absolutely pumped to see you tonight. Parent's will be gone until Sunday so it'll be just us. Check your purse, there will be a seventy five dollar gift card to Forever 21, I want you to feel beautiful tonight. It's all about you, I love you Ari." And next to her nickname was a scribbled heart that stood out in red next to the black letters.

Ariana opened her purse and dug through zippers until she found the yellow rectangular card, she looked back at Zayn and gave him a huge smile and mouthed back to him. "I love you too." Ariana was interrupted by the teacher, "Ariana, Zayn, pay attention." When she looked away Ariana looked back and flashed Zayn another quick smile.