Chapter 2: The Newbies

Rebecca's POV

As I stepped out of the car, a cold chill went through my back. I didn't have a good feeling about this. This neighborhood had too many trees and they mostly covered the sky. It looked to gloomy and sad. "Dad, where's our house?" He pointed behind me. I turned around. That house looked way creepier than the rest.

It was a big house, I had to admit, but it was really dark looking. It looked like those creepy houses in horror movies. "Rebecca, why don't you go and get our luggage out of the trunk while we get the boxes out of the moving van?" Said my mom. I went and grabbed them. The moving van arrived a couple minutes ago.

Suddenly, I felt like someone was behind me. I turned around and it was a guy around my age. "Hi." All he said. "Um hi". I said. "I didn't mean to creep you out." He said, noticing my wide eyes. "It's all right." "My mom told me that there is going to be new neighbors coming here. And she told me that I should make them feel welcomed. I'm Greg." He smiled and pulled out his hand. I shook it. "I'm Rebecca. My parents are inside unpacking." "Oh." Greg turned and pointed at the house across the street. "That house is mine." He said. "Anyways, nice meeting you Rebecca." I smiled and waved as he went back inside his house. I grabbed the luggage and went inside.

"Honey, I saw that you were talking to Greg." Said my dad. "You know who he is?" I said. "Oh yeah, his dad is my friend." "Oh. Who's room's who?" I asked. "You can choose yours. Your mother's and mine is in the end of the hall upstairs." "Alright" I said and went upstairs.

I put my parents stuff in their room. And was looking through the other ones. They had at least 5 that I could've chose from, but I chose the one near the bathroom. It was a good distance from my parents' and their office on the other side. It was also nice and cozy. I sat on the bed and observed my room. It had a desk with a computer on it in the corner. On the other corner, it had a blue bean bag chair. There was also tables and a dresser. My bed was a nice queen size. I decided to put my clothes in the dresser. When I finished, I headed downstairs and saw that my parents already finished unpacking. Wow they're fast.

"Hey sweetie. Can you help set the table for dinner? My mom said. "Yeah sure." I said. I washed up and set the table. Mom made lasagne. I honestly love her cooking. When we finished, I put the dishes in the dishwasher and went to my room. I laid on my bed and noticed green smoke coming out of the air vent.

I went to my dad who was in his office and we went back to my room. I pointed to where the smoke was and he said "There is nothing there." I looked and he was right. "What? I saw it there a minute ago." "Maybe you should get some sleep. You had a long trip today." Then he walked out of my room. Maybe dad was right. I changed into my pajamas and went to sleep.